Don't Make Waves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Make Waves Reviews

October 13, 2010
Feels more like it should be a TV series than a movie and is rather silly but I enjoyed it immensely
½ July 20, 2009
Basically it's a Great Gatsby type tale set on Malibu Beach during the 60's, Tony Curtis and crew do a fine job but something just seems uneven. I'm thinking that with repeat viewings it'll grow on me.
June 21, 2008
Silly film with a great soundtrack. The only saving grace is the exquisite Sharon Tate.
March 10, 2008
Extremely high-quality Babe quotient here with spicy Claudia Cardinale and the supreme blonde goddess real-life Malibu Barbie, Sharon Tate, and also the delectable Joanna Barnes. Notable for having Mr. America Dave "The Blonde Bomber" Draper in the cast as the sterotypical California Surfer "Musclehead" (as they derisively called Bodybuilders back in these pre-Arnold days), this one is pure fluff, so don't expect Shakespeare, but it has it's place as a facinating time capsule of that era showcasing Tony Curtis's acting skills, a great musical soundtrack, and some of hollywoods most beautiful women (and for the morbidly curious who want to see what a loss the gorgeous Sharon Tate was to the psycho-murdering Charles Manson gang)...
jjnxn
January 28, 2008
The one good 60's comedy that Tony Curtis made, Claudia Cardinale is very beautiful and Sharon Tate gives a funny performance.
November 9, 2007
A cute and entertaining 60's beach comedy starring Tony Curtis, Claudia Cardinale and Sharon Tate. The Malibu Barbie was based on Sharon Tate's character in this film.
August 31, 2007
I would've rated it higher, but the way it was, it just doesn't hit it all too well. It's a nice comedy about a man who gets along but what I don't totally like is the way some shots were done, it looked static at times and action wasn't cut-out. I loved the individual scenes a lot and most of the first half, the charm brought it out and it was very fascinating to see the 60's, the last was not bad, just the shots and dialogue, it could've been a lot better and perfect.