Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Reviews

½ September 17, 2017
A real snoozer. So unforgettable that I rented it twice after having dismissed the experience from my mind the first time
September 15, 2017
In spite of the many qualities of the film, it doesn't work for me. The creatures may be all mean but a good punch in the face would get them knocked out. They are less scary than a pack of hungry wolves in the forest. Even metaphorically, it does not work. The one point that makes sense is the child fear not acknowledged. The rest has too much nonsense. One film I would recommend for the fear and metaphorical value is the Babadook. That's one that is well thought.
June 29, 2017
Malditos bichitos, Kim :'(
May 30, 2017
Kinda basic ending to most horrors... leaves you wondering about the creatures, doesn't really explain
Overall a pretty good film, a bit jumpy at times and the story flowed really well
May 14, 2017
Great horror, for kids.
March 28, 2017
A tame little horror flick that neither dazzles nor disappoints when it comes to being creepy. It could have been much better with the wonderfully creepy atmosphere, but ultimately falls on common horror cliches
½ March 13, 2017
Had a good amount of creepy moments. Worth the watch.
February 23, 2017
For me it's a good movie, at the same time alarming and dark. The actors are credible the magnificent decorations and the excellent music
January 1, 2017
I will never ever watch this movie again... if you have have ever had crabs it's similar. Irritating as fuck with quality performers, but when you end the experience you know you never want the experience again.
August 16, 2016
â'Não tenha medo do escuro' à (C) daqueles filmes que atà (C) podem criar, aqui ou ali, algumas sequências tensas (geralmente provocadas pelos gritos apavorados da pequena Bailee Madison), mas no final das contas só realmente atormentam aos menores de 14 anos.
½ July 19, 2016
Rarely has a movie that looked so good been so bad.
March 5, 2016
Some good scenes with parts that will make you jump. Not going to send fear through the most dedicated horror fans though
½ February 22, 2016
For demonous creatures of the night a glimpse and a whisper would suffice for terror. Therein lies the problem for "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"--you see too much.
December 31, 2015
Good ole scary flick
½ November 11, 2015
This was the worst I've ever watched.
October 16, 2015
aka, parents, they just don't understand. Also, it would've probably had more resonance and emotion if the director (or, hell, producer-writer-presenter del-Toro) gave more to care about with the parents and the kid. But it's a well-constructed haunted-house movie imbued with the unique creature fx that only comes from the guy behind Pan's Labyrinth. Also extra points for a surprising climax that didn't take the route I expected. For design, scares and surface thrills it's a must-see. If only there was something underneath.
October 11, 2015
You know, I have just come to trust Guillermo Del Toro, and while I didn't love this movie, I did find it a decent horror film.
October 9, 2015
brilliant. I cant remember the last time i had this much fun at the movies
September 29, 2015
Despite a few too many cliche horror movie tropes, it's a pretty decent movie. There were a few good scares. The story was interesting. And the setting and special effects were good (which is unsurprising because...Del Toro) It's not the best horror movie, but it's worth it for a horror fan or a Del Toro completist.