Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

This remake not only revived and updated the 1973 original with conventions that were standardized since then for a more fittingly effective, refreshing storytelling whilst satisfyingly further explain the surrounding myth, it turns out to be one of those remakes that honors the original albeit the obliged forced creativity to seemingly inadvertently downsized the story's true effects into a mere minimized creature feature without fully scaring any generations besides expectations. (B)

• Jul 27, 2019

I honestly don't get why people don't like this movie. I've seen it several times since I was a kid and I've always enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Nov 18, 2018

bad ending bad everything

bad ending bad everything

• Nov 17, 2018

Lots of scares and places to make you jump. Just enough plot and story to keep even younger people entertained.

• Nov 05, 2018

Its a good movie that isn't very scary. Its based on a bunch of small creatures that torment people in a mansion. Theres one great jump scare and thats it for the scares. But the story is decent so it was worth finishing. Wouldn't recommend it.

• Mar 27, 2018

This was not a good movie. It was boring and nothing really happens for most of the movie. When the climax occurs, the payoff isn't big enough. I was also really annoyed throughout. Its the typical trope of "look there's something there"! And then no one believes the main character for almost the entire film. Its a very empty film full of cliches.

• Mar 24, 2018

Considero que la película tiene los suficientes buenos detalles (atmósfera, BSO y primeros minutos) como para no hundirse. Sus fallos están en el mismo lugar que todas las películas del género como son los clichés, los fallos argumentales y el hecho de que los duendecillos dan risa a partir de la mitad de la película. Mi nota es un 5. Versión completa en: Vaderexpress.blogspot.com

• Sep 17, 2017

A real snoozer. So unforgettable that I rented it twice after having dismissed the experience from my mind the first time

• Sep 15, 2017

In spite of the many qualities of the film, it doesn't work for me. The creatures may be all mean but a good punch in the face would get them knocked out. They are less scary than a pack of hungry wolves in the forest. Even metaphorically, it does not work. The one point that makes sense is the child fear not acknowledged. The rest has too much nonsense. One film I would recommend for the fear and metaphorical value is the Babadook. That's one that is well thought.

• May 30, 2017

Kinda basic ending to most horrors... leaves you wondering about the creatures, doesn't really explain Overall a pretty good film, a bit jumpy at times and the story flowed really well