Don't Go in the Woods Reviews

• Jul 02, 2015

A Glee horror movie how completely awful

A Glee horror movie how completely awful

• Sep 27, 2014

This is a tough one. There is some good, there is a lot of bad. Biggest note is this is a horror/musical. They did a very good job at first with this as I was not aware it was a musical for the first quarter of the movie. It centers around a band going camping in an effort to write songs. Naturally, they break into tune. That's to be expected. Then (I'll try not to ruin the plot,) out of nowhere a young woman breaks into song while walking to the car. No instruments like before. My first reaction was, "Hey, wait a minute. What is this?" That's how much of a distraction it is. From this point out, the music really seems to take you out of what's going on. It was passable when certain people sang/played instruments, but when background music started to play while people broke out into song, it simply completely takes you out of the movie. The movie follows an "indie" band trying to get a record deal. They are your typical hipsters. Not much to say, not very interesting. Luckily, the cast expands quickly and we get some characters with at least a bit of personality. The film is pretty low budget and the visuals do take some time to get used to. No idea what the visual effects were trying to accomplish. More headache inducing than anything. The plot...while this is the biggest criticism of the movie, I liked it. Most called it a tired, typical, and uninspired plot. I thought it was solid. Is originality a must in this genre? It takes a while for the movie to kick in, but when it does, it's a good, "old-fashioned slasher in the woods" flick. Couple of holes in the plot that can't really be chalked up to editing and leaves a few questions. Motive and execution are what makes the film enjoyable(to whatever level of enjoyment that may be for you.) I thought the ending was rather good(despite a huge hole. I'll just go ahead and say it, WATER and recording equipment) and leaves you angry, but in a good way. If you can tolerate the music taking you out of the movie and unlikeable characters, I recommend it. Then again, I'm a sucker for these types of endings, although it was apparent half way through.

• Aug 21, 2014

It's a horror alright

It's a horror alright

• Dec 25, 2013

just run-of-the mill slasher movie

just run-of-the mill slasher movie

• Dec 05, 2013

I want that hour and a half of my life back. For Jonathan.

I want that hour and a half of my life back. For Jonathan.

• Sep 06, 2013

I was really surprised that I liked this film. I think it was the music that really what made it pretty watchable. Is it great no, but not bad either.

• Sep 06, 2013

It was cheesy but I really dug the music.

It was cheesy but I really dug the music.

• Sep 02, 2013

i will never get my wasted time back....don't do it.

i will never get my wasted time back....don't do it.

• Jul 27, 2013

A Musical Horror???? Really??? Don't go into the woods and CERTAINLY don't go into any effort to see this. You know it's bad when the killer waits until they finish the song to cut off their head. No surprise that the songs aren't that good either.