Don't Let Him In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Let Him In Reviews

½ March 26, 2015
Plot is boring acting were terrible. Not much excitement and scary bit in this movie.
May 20, 2014
A rather good indie slasher flick, with a good premise but also with some lame characters and cheap execution. Still, it's a surprisingly refreshing addition to the subgenre.
September 11, 2013
Not a bad idea and looks smart enough but the direction is poor.
May 15, 2013
Had really really bad acting. Mt cats could do better. Just horrible plot,theme,setting and just around everything. I surely wont waste my money again on something like this.
May 11, 2013
Really good, there were scares throughout, there was no boobs or teen drama. Just your average two couples on a adventure in the woods with a serial killer loose. Very well made.
March 28, 2013
The terrible CGI and the unbelievable stupidity of the 'tree surgeon's' love for not cleaning up his crime scenes makes the audience completely aware that what they are watching is essentially a low budget B movie, as opposed to gaining an insight into the life of a killer. SPOILER ALERT... Sam Hazeldines idea of a character feature is to have the killer continuously dribbling- something strangely unnecessary. On top of this, both the character and actor of the stupid blonde girl prevent any warmth between viewer and character. There is no love lost when somebody dies.
½ February 1, 2013
A trip to the English countryside ends terribly for four travelers after they mistakingly take in a hurt stranger, who may turn out to be the notorious serial killer of local legend! Kelly Smith's slow-boiling thriller throws back to classic genre entries like WHEN A STRANGER CALLS, but there is something severely lacking from the very start. We are immediately introduced to four terribly unlikeable characters: a cold and uncaring couple, the lead's lackadaisical sister, and her irate one-night stand, who only goes on the trip to escape the authorities for some unknown crime. The audience is so thoroughly annoyed by the time the four reach the cabin that we pray for some dark hero to come and kill them all, saving us from any further suffering. He does arrive, and they 'let him in' of course, so that things can finally get underway. What follows is a tedious back-and-forth between two potential killers as the women try to decide who to trust, but when Smith plainly tells the audience who the real villain is by depicting the first murder instead of alluding to it off-screen, there can be no mystery or suspense. It is best to heed the film's warning and DON'T LET HIM IN!

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
September 11, 2012
I Thought It was Gonna Be Better :/
September 4, 2012
I guess some horror would be good for this week.
½ September 1, 2012
Awful is an understatement!
½ August 25, 2012
A well-made but ultimately underwhelming British slasher film, Don't Let Him In has some brutal moments and is decently entertaining, but it just lacks a certain something to make it truly good/sleazy slasher cinema.
½ August 23, 2012
Painfully bad horror film making.
August 7, 2012
Just another slasher
July 19, 2012
This wasn't the greatest film, but the killer is kind of a twist.
½ June 16, 2012
Truly awful, not sure what was worse, the acting or the plot. Give this one a miss.
½ May 27, 2012
A group of people, one of them rather shady, spends the weekend at a remote country house. They are warned by the local police about a killer on the loose. You can pretty much fill in the blanks in terms of what happens. This film is a tad sluggish at times but overall I did find it entertaining.
½ May 24, 2012
I usually like foreign made movies but this one was disappointing, the ending was predictable.
May 7, 2012
Seriously? The people who created this movie should be beaten with a stick. And I should be beaten twice for actually thinking it would turn out good. Really stupid. The End.
½ May 7, 2012
Seriously? The makers of this movie should be beaten. It's just THAT bad. I don't think I've seen a dumber cheesier movie in the world. If I find it? I'll let you know.
½ May 7, 2012
The actors in this film made the dumbest facial expressions I have ever seen in a horror film.