Don't Say a Word - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Say a Word Reviews

July 22, 2016
It features great performances from Douglas and Murphy in one of her best but the plot just feels thin and the thrills are few.
½ June 1, 2016
A rather popular 'catchphrase' of "I'll never tell" is pretty much the high point of a rather simple thriller.
December 27, 2015
As generic of a thriller as the title suggests. There could have been some psychological tension if the screen time weren't spent on gun fights and car chases. Predictable, yet enjoyable enough.
November 13, 2015
I liked this movie and I'm a big critic of crime movies
½ July 31, 2015
I'll watch Michael Douglas in anything, but this is one I wished I'd skipped. The late Brittany Murphy plays a character who has the special Hollywood brand of mental illness that is wildly inconsistent and not connected to any real syndrome or affliction, but ultimately looks really good on camera. Spoiler warning: the subplot with the police detective is one of the most pointless wastes of plotline in a movie that I think I've ever seen.
½ June 4, 2015
A forgettable thriller with a generic script....one in which you get itchy to leave the theater before it finishes.
½ July 19, 2014
OK Kidnapping Movie.C+
May 27, 2014
cool movie with a good story. fairly suspenseful throughout. never really felt bored. impressive for an older movie. Brittany Murphy did a great job as the psycho girl. I was impressed. ending could have been done better (2 views)
March 27, 2014
I love this movie. Its so underrated.
½ March 14, 2014
As always, you can depend on Michael Douglas for a solid performance, and for two acts this one rattles along quite well; a bit routine, perhaps, but an enjoyable enough thriller. Sadly, the last act feels rushed, characters remain under-developed and plot points feel rushed to get the movie out the door. Not bad for an evening in, but don't expect to be talking about it with anyone after.
March 14, 2014
tired of this formula dross well before the end
January 14, 2014
an entertaining litle thriller with a good cast but lots of flaws when it comes to the story. It's watchable.
August 28, 2013
A psychiatrist daughter gets kidnapped and the only hope is for him to get into the mind of a disturbed girl at the psychiatric hospital who holds a special code. This movie is awesome and you can't get a more of a great thriller than this. I loved Michael Douglas and Sean beans performances in this. Douglas was the doctor rushing to save his daughters life and Sean bean was the bad guy who he is another one of my long list of actors that make a great villain. The kind that make you want to hate them. A great script, great acting, great action , this is a great movie.
August 9, 2013
Brittany Murphy en su mejor papel sin duda, no soy su admirador pero al menos su trabajo la hizo destacar tanto que se dio a conocer, recuerdo que mis amigas veian sus peliculas con gusto, y ahora sera mas conocida tras su muerte pues solo quedan las peliculas en las que ha participado como es esta pelicula, un triler en donde ella interpreta a una chica transtornada cuya mente guarda secretos que son buscados por unos criminales, Michael por su parte busca develar esos secretos ocultos en lo mas recondito de su mente antes de que ellos maten a su esposa e hija.

Descanse en paz Brittany Murphy
½ July 24, 2013
Brittany Murphy sure did some strange movies in her career...
July 13, 2013
it was so suspenseful
July 12, 2013
So many ridiculous and farfetched moments in this movie.
June 26, 2013
good movie. Brittany Murphy's best performance IMO.
½ April 24, 2013
This was a very good movie
March 9, 2013