Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey Reviews

November 14, 2013
This film is about a guy from Philippines, a band called Journey and how sometimes the dreams come true.
November 2, 2013
Please help me: Near the end of the film
, they're all riding around in a van, and there's a guy wearing a disguise in the backseat of the van--who is that???
½ October 29, 2013
The subject matter was great but the doc itself let me down. They try and trick you into thinking their is going to be added drama when there never is
October 14, 2013
If you have not checked out this movie yet, do it now. It's AWESOME. Very inspiring. Of course, I'm a bit biased cause I'm a big Journey fan. Regardless, it's a very cool rags to riches story. Arnel Pineda's story is amazing. From a homeless man living on the streets of the Philippines, a chance youtube search lands him the job of Journey's front man.

Great stuff.
October 12, 2013
Don't stop believing follow the journey of Arnel Pineda as he becomes the front man for the famous 80's band Journey. While the story is definetely unique it gets kind of boring by the end. It makes sense that there would be some problems adjusting to life on the road and the life of fame. Arnel comes out of obscurity to sing in front of thousands of fans every night. An interesting story that could probably have been told in half the time.
½ October 5, 2013
A heartfelt verité portrait of American pop rock as a global product, reaching into the slums of Manila, and filling stadiums around the world with happy, smiling people. I say SEE IT!!!
September 27, 2013
Well done. Great insight into the amount of prep it takes to sing in a rock band on tour.
September 26, 2013
Love Steve perry but. Big respect to Arnel ,it is a fairytale for him :) loved this documentary about journey and his journey :) Arnel is up there with the best vocalist. (y) Definitely see them live <3
September 24, 2013
Loved every minute of this!
½ September 19, 2013
it could've been a little shorter...
September 9, 2013
Puff piece documentary chronicling the remarkable story of Arnel Pineda. His journey (pun intended) begins with him singing karaoke versions of Journey songs in the Philippines, to being discovered by Journey guitarist Neal Schon via YouTube, and eventually joining the band as its lead singer. Pineda seems like a likeable guy and a capable Steve Perry impersonator, however, that is all he really is. Overly long and, at times, repetitive, the documentary loses steam about half way through. Pineda's story is amazing. The band's story, devolving into a glorified Journey tribute band, is somewhat depressing to those who remember how great this band was during the Steve Perry era.
½ August 27, 2013
Een aardige documentaire over de band Journey. Leuk voor de mensen die Journey leuk vinden, heb je er niets mee, dan kan je deze overslaan. Gaat over Arnel Pineda die DE nieuwe zanger wordt van deze band.
August 24, 2013
I bet the Journey musicians didn't realize how much they'd learn as they were trying to earn. This is a great testament to cross-cultural understanding. They had to reach in to find Arnel and he needed to reach in to find them. This new universe with old music was truly inspiring. God bless Arnel for knowing he is not a rare person but that he has a rare talent. He knows he has not overcome. You cannot overcome. You can simply learn and do the best with what you have each day even with never ending temptations. Oh yeah, and the music was amazing even if the documentary fizzled a little in the middle.
½ July 15, 2013
Arnel is such a humble and grateful human being. Though this movie is probably best aimed at Journey fanatics such as I, it's a brilliant story of triumph and proof that the internet changes lives. I was lucky enough to meet Arnel in Australia and he came across as such a full-of-life person. He clearly is
½ July 15, 2013
July 14, 2013
I was excited to watch this documentary about one of my favorite bands of all time but was disappointed when it turned out to be a story about Arnel Pineda and less the band its self and it's members past and present, certainly Neal Schon had drama going on with his much publicized relationship with Michelle during the time they filmed this but it's not shown . Interesting story but the end I ended up loosing respect for Journey and saw this group touring like a karaoke Journey tour and I felt sad for Arnel.... Arnel seems like he sold his soul to the devil, forced to sing like Steve Perry and not dance on stage as he wishes or be allowed to feel sick. Arnel clearly carries this band for the rest of the has beens in this band who if it weren't for Arnel wouldn't be in this century. Arnel seems to have a strange cold relationship with the band members, manager and vocal coach which reminds me of reading how Steve Perry said he felt like he never fit in and wad never really part of the others in the band. Arnel never seems happy. The Journey of today is ArnelI. I either see Arnel having a break out career for himself or becoming the next Rodriguez and dropping out of sight and fame for a normal family life. Money and fame can not buy happiness and the other Journey members should retire at this point.
July 9, 2013
Love Journey music so enjoyed this story! About a dream come true for a young youtube singer and a chance for the band to come back to life!
June 8, 2013
nice story, but not so much of a movie
May 15, 2013
A great documentary with not only an update on one of the all time iconic American bands, but introducing Arnel Pineda whose huge vocal abilities and warm genuine personality transform the band into International status. My only complaint is that it is available for rent only...I was reduced to renting it twice...would like to be able to purchase it. Well done movie and in my opinion a must see!
May 12, 2013
We really enjoyed this doc on Arnel Pineda & Journey. I totally recommend it if you been following Arnel's rise to stardom. It's truly amazing!