Don't Tell a Soul Reviews

• Apr 09, 2021

Alex McAulay's Don't Tell a Soul has good intentions, but struggles by trying to pack in too much in to its small runtime. The cast is great, Jack Dylan Grazer, Fionn Whitehead, Mena Suvari, and Rainn Wilson. However, they seem to stumble in their usual strong acting, a symptom of McAulay's (currently) poor writing. I decided to watch this movie because who isn't intrigued by Rainn Wilson delivering his lines from in a pit? Midway through I found myself actually enjoying it, interested it is bizarre story. Yet, towards the end, just as I thought this was going to finish as a pleasant surprise, the flick jumbled itself up and rushed its ending without reason. Overall, the majority of Don't Tell a Soul is entertaining, but won't leave viewers as satisfied as expected. But, this is a great debut for McAulay, who shows many good things that he can build on.

• Mar 21, 2021

3 out of 5 stars. Dont Tell a Soul is a fair psychological thriller film about two brothers Joey (Jack Dylan Grazer) and Matt (Fionn Whitehead) who break into an elderly house to steal money. And than being chased into the woods from a security guard Hamby (Rainn Wilson). Until he falls in a deep hole. Matt assists they leave him there to die. While Joey grows anxious to help and save him. Which Matt becomes hostile every time Joey thinks about saving him. What worked? Decent plot about two brothers. Joey is a good kid who keeps getting abused by his older brother Matt. Who is aggressive and hostile. While Joey grows anxious to save Hamby. There is a surprising twist that may shock and take the film into an interesting direction. The cast did okay with there roles. What did not work with the film? The direction was a bit dull. And slow moving The script was flat with the characters.

• Mar 13, 2021

I liked the acting and the surprise elements but it was overall a mediocre thriller, kind of slow burn. Forgettable but entertaining to see what's going to happen next.

• Mar 11, 2021

A gripping and intense thriller with a unique plot and big twists. Don't Tell a Soul is a great film owing to its pace, performances and highly satisfactory conclusion. It's definitely worth watching and recommended.

• Mar 09, 2021

I know the reviews are mostly negative but it's a pretty fun RIDICULOUS movie! I love horror/thrillers and this is a fun one. There's lots of twists and turns. Watched this with my mom, we had a good time guessing the next twists. Is it realistic, highly memorable, or to be taken seriously? No. But it's a good time for a night in.

• Mar 04, 2021

Very dark, very suspenseful, weird, and deeply unsatisfying. Quite good until the last act (that's why the extra star-would have been half a star) which is too many twisty things that make no sense in terms of human behavior, one of them being the filmmaker paints the burgeoning of a psychopath through the entire film and then tries to make him a sympathetic character in the last couple minutes. It absolutely doesn't work, along with most everything else. Like basically everyone growing into psychopathy. This filmmaker seems to see the world much like the horror writer Richard Laymon, who wrote every character besides the protagonist as a psychopath. Every single person. If the world were really like Laymon's, or this guy's, there'd be fifty violent crimes a day in a town of 400.

• Mar 03, 2021

I LOVED the twists! Great acting. Watch this - better then other movies out now.

My favorite one yet.

My favorite one yet.

• Mar 03, 2021

Powerful. The acting was excellent. A great film. McAuley is someone to watch.

Powerful. The acting was excellent. A great film. McAuley is someone to watch.

• Feb 16, 2021

I kinda find it hard to believe someone would be that unsympathetic. It got to the point that no one in the world is as big of a dick as the oldest brother 2.3. And the younger brother was sooooooooooooooo stupid . I don’t have a great vocabulary but dumber than stupid