Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas (Don't Worry, I'm Fine) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas (Don't Worry, I'm Fine) Reviews

½ July 15, 2016
A solid drama that begins with a simple premise but then grows increasingly engaging as it refuses to offer easy answers and always surprises us with Lioret's firm direction - a film that will probably leave you pondering for some time about the questions it raises.
July 16, 2015
Fairly good, even though the story of which is indeed not that convincing, plus a bit dragging in the middle.
½ March 7, 2014
kendi kendine akarken son bölümünde seri halde s?çt?; sonras?nda da o s?ç???n utanc?yla öylece bitiverdi... bence :D
½ July 29, 2013
Depuis longtemps j'avais envie de savoir ce qui était arrivé à ce fils, à ce frère et à cette famille. Plus le dénouement approche plus on comprend que finalement c'est banal mais en même temps une autre histoire, l'histoire du lien entre les personnages, cette famille qui se bat pour continuer à exister et qui pardonne ses maladresses prend le dessus sur l'histoire de ce qui est arrivé à ce seul personnage disparu. L'histoire d'une reconstruction aussi, puisque Lily finira par laisser quelqu'un d'autre ouvrir la porte de son cur.
March 19, 2013
This film is sad ! very sad . The ending os completely shocking you never exept it. It is very difficult to be either in the parents' or Lily's situation. The soundtracks are also very good
January 11, 2013
I think I've read reviewers that would call this film "manipulative," but I thought it was excellent, a simple story about following a young woman - an enchanting, headstrong, beautiful young woman, a character I fell in love with - as she looks into the disappearance of her brother and her family's staunch, inexplicable unwillingness to confront the gravity of the situation. It's short and compelling, if a little glossy, and though the conclusion feels a touch cheap, it's such an honest story I'm willing to forgive it. In all, it's another fine example of realist French film in recent years, and in my opinion, it's one you should add to your must-see list.
½ December 27, 2012
beautiful. sad. touching. melanie is incredible, wonderfull performance and the rest of the cast are very good also. this is those kind of films that in the begining you can predict the end, but, even so, the way that the movie is conduct make it so amazing to watch.
December 5, 2012
I always liked Aaron's songs "Lili" & "Mister K" so I looked forward to see this but I'm disappointed & the main character's somehow annoying
July 29, 2012
Beautiful movie. Intense, where the concern of Melanie Laurent's interpretation is to express how the director wants telling the story. The suffocating search for his brother, the overwhelming sadness of his absence. A simple cast, a simple production, and a great movie. Very good
½ June 12, 2012
Some coincidences can't make a real good movie !!
½ April 13, 2012
J'ai essaye, mais non, les films français c'est vraiment pas pour moi. Après 41 minutes, j'avais toujours pas compris l'histoire et le but du film.....nah.
January 6, 2012
Nominated for 5 Cesars?! Oh Really?! fuck me dead man i must be out of this world because when i watched this film with my aunty who dragged me to the theatre telling me how this film was amazing, i irealised i had never felt so bored & angry at a film! This is the art of cutting a hair in four pieces in my opinion! The perfect exemple of boring intelectual French cinema! 'Deep drama' coming into the life of a regular french family.... And for what?! The parents can't tell their own daughter her brother died in an accident! Wow! What a hell of a story! In America or Elsewhere no one would finance such a tosh! 5 Cesars! Boy are we out of our minds here? Go watch Intouchables, or The Artist, there you'll see what good French cinema is about...certainly not about a bunch of clowns hiding a 'heavy / unspeakable' secret! The only thing this film has achieved is making me angry for the next ten years every time a fucker mention it in a conversation about films! I usually turn around and walk away...maybe i should have done that during the projection on this insufferable Junk!
January 3, 2012
Un dramón de esos que te impactan. Una película con un tiempo un poco lento, muy buenas interpretaciones. Recomendable para ver despuà (C)s de cenar, no apta para pochocleros!
½ November 19, 2011
Fans of Melanie Laurent's move into English-language cinema (excellent turns in Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards and Beginners are not to be missed) will find Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas perhaps the best of her earlier work in France. Laurent plays Lily, who returns from a holiday in Barcelona to find that her twin-brother Loic has left home, supposedly after an argument with their father. Despite filling up his answer phone with desperate messages, there is but an eerie silence. The parents are evasive and Lily becomes increasingly frustrated by their passivity as she grows more and more convinced that something terrible has happened. Ultimately sure that he must be dead, Lily falls into a depression and refuses to eat. Hospitalised, strapped to a bed and force fed, her life is saved when a postcard from Loic arrives and things begin to look up.

Close observers will see the twist in the tale very earlier on, and the final act reveals subsequently lack any dramatic punch. Those who find themselves wrapped up in the mystery of Loic's disappearance and Lily's emotional and physical journey to find him will take a lot more from the film. Luckily, even if you know what's coming, Laurent's performance is strong enough to make it worth going along with the film's shortcomings. There are a lot of questions when the credits roll and not a lot of the answers will be satisfying, but Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas is still a pretty solid drama.
July 12, 2011
might be worth one look
½ April 1, 2011
nice movie and nice soundtrack
October 10, 2010
Pas mon genre de films habituels, je serais passée tout droit si un Kinder ne l'avait pas recommandé... Et j'aurais loupé un film sublime.
October 7, 2010
Difficile de se sentir attaché par l'histoire de ses jumeaux dont le lien affectif n'est pas décrit. La performance de Mélanie Laurent est bonne, mais le film s'essoufle tout de même. Les 10 dernières minutes seulement révélent des choses et soulèvent des questions qui resteront sans réponse. Dommage.
½ October 3, 2010
beautiful soundtrack
September 28, 2010
it seemed shallow and slow and empty at some points but then it uncovers some lines that make you appreciate it..surprisingly nice. and incredible song by aaron