Doodlebug Reviews

• Aug 02, 2018

With a Lynchian atmosphere, Nolan created an ambitious short film that relies on visual metaphors to represent a familiar, yet important, moral message. The editing in general, and the sound editing in particular, is very exquisite, and intensified the moody and dark atmosphere that matches what the short film indicates very well. Above all that, Doodlebug proves that Christopher Nolan is a risk-taker from the get-go. (9/10)

• Jan 28, 2018

(80/100) Killing something unknown to you will bring death upon yourself.

(80/100) Killing something unknown to you will bring death upon yourself.

• Aug 23, 2016

A bizarre little experiment, Doodlebug, the debut picture of acclaimed director Christopher Nolan, is a far cry from his recent films, and while it's as cheap as you can imagine, and there's not much you can do within the span of 3 minutes, it does have some hints of cleverness, primarily in how the camera moves to illustration the fright and frustration experienced by our nameless lead character Worth a watch, if only to witness Nolan's extremely humble beginnings. And if you believe it to be completely meaningless rubbish, at least you won't have wasted very much of your time coming to that conclusion.

• May 24, 2016

Short film. Look it up on YouTube. Worth the 5 minutes. Reminds me of Hitchcock.

• Mar 09, 2015

Christopher Nolan's short film Doodlebug was a really neat look at a man's insanity. At first, this really creepy scene was set with the ticking clocks and the moving cloth. I really didn't know what to expect until it happened. It was a pretty cool paradox! This is an inspiration to make short films for all film makers. A-

• Mar 01, 2015

Doodlebug is only a 3 minute long film but it still left me thinking and it also left me analysis the short film of what's the meaning and the message behind it. Nolan you are a genius film maker.

• Sep 21, 2014

It's unbelievable how the greatly talented Christopher Nolan directed this engrossing short film and went on to direct the Dark Knight trilogy

• Aug 01, 2014

interesting first from Christopher nolan

interesting first from Christopher nolan

• Jul 09, 2014

Wow. Give Christopher Nolan three minutes and he can still make something better than half of the crap we get today. In a very short amount of time and with no words, Nolan is able to tell the story of a man going insane while offering a sweet twist that gave of a a very Inception like vibe. This short is cool, smart, and is a perfect showcase of Nolan's talent.

• Jul 04, 2014

Simple and un-original, but still highly watchable and interesting, Christopher Nolan's first work of art is nice and uses the Kafkaesque paradox to offer a lot of internal psychodelia in only 3 minutes. A great start for one of my favorite directors.