Doodlebug - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doodlebug Reviews

August 23, 2016
A bizarre little experiment, Doodlebug, the debut picture of acclaimed director Christopher Nolan, is a far cry from his recent films, and while it's as cheap as you can imagine, and there's not much you can do within the span of 3 minutes, it does have some hints of cleverness, primarily in how the camera moves to illustration the fright and frustration experienced by our nameless lead character Worth a watch, if only to witness Nolan's extremely humble beginnings. And if you believe it to be completely meaningless rubbish, at least you won't have wasted very much of your time coming to that conclusion.
½ June 28, 2015
A short and surreal dose of early Nolan ingenuity.
½ March 9, 2015
Christopher Nolan's short film Doodlebug was a really neat look at a man's insanity. At first, this really creepy scene was set with the ticking clocks and the moving cloth. I really didn't know what to expect until it happened. It was a pretty cool paradox! This is an inspiration to make short films for all film makers. A-
½ March 2, 2015
Doodlebug is only a 3 minute long film but it still left me thinking and it also left me analysis the short film of what's the meaning and the message behind it. Nolan you are a genius film maker.
February 14, 2015
I'm a massive Christopher Nolan fan, him being my favorite director of all time. This short isn't that good. I found it weird even with another ending I did not see coming from Nolan. It's unique but I didn't find it that great.
November 21, 2014
A good first outing, even if it's really short. I'd see it if your a Nolan fan and you have 5 minutes.
½ November 7, 2014
Wow. Give Christopher Nolan three minutes and he can still make something better than half of the crap we get today. In a very short amount of time and with no words, Nolan is able to tell the story of a man going insane while offering a sweet twist that gave of a a very Inception like vibe. This short is cool, smart, and is a perfect showcase of Nolan's talent.
½ September 30, 2014
Nolan penetrates into the insanity caused by isolation with clever vision that is strange and fascinating at the same time.
September 21, 2014
It's unbelievable how the greatly talented Christopher Nolan directed this engrossing short film and went on to direct the Dark Knight trilogy
August 1, 2014
interesting first from Christopher nolan
July 18, 2014
Nolan's first film. Very interesting. It's only 3 minutes, so it wouldn't be a huge waste of time to watch it.
July 4, 2014
Simple and un-original, but still highly watchable and interesting, Christopher Nolan's first work of art is nice and uses the Kafkaesque paradox to offer a lot of internal psychodelia in only 3 minutes. A great start for one of my favorite directors.
½ June 9, 2014
Doodlebug is a short film directed by Christopher Nolan. It is above all, weird and interesting. Now what makes it good is how Nolan presents his concept of a tiny doppelganger. It is cool to see this happen, and philosophical. If you like Nolan's films, check this out!
May 17, 2014
Great short film by the greatest director of our time!
January 7, 2014
Really short. A really Creepy vibe and an interesting concept of insanity
½ December 23, 2013
At 3 minutes, Nolan manages to craft a very fine story. I think this film spawned Inception. The ending will have you thinking that.
½ December 8, 2013
Fun quick short film from the brilliant Christopher Nolan.
August 3, 2013
This short film just proves Nolan can make a masterpiece in just 3 minutes.
½ August 1, 2013
Short, but interesting.
July 17, 2013
A great film, and it definitely makes for a brilliant, idea-driven short story. This is where Chris Nolan, really gets to show off how intelligent and thought provoking film can be, when you have no budget. No excuses Hollywood, one day, you will clean up your act...