Dorfman in Love Reviews

February 2, 2014
I loved this movie. It was sweet .and very charming. Sara Rue was terrific and refreshing. Not everything needs to be an academy award winner for gods sake! Lighten up people and bounce off the high horse. Have some fun!
January 11, 2014
Seriously ? I loved it !! Yes it is a chick flick. Yes it is reminiscent of a few other films ( and good ones ) I have seen. But....I was entertained. From the moment I started watching the movie till it was over. I had a smile on my face at the end. That !!! is ENTERTAINMENT !! And that is why I watch most films.
November 30, 2013
I loved this. It was so cute. It's the total reinvent yourself story.
November 26, 2013
This was sooo sweet and heartwarming! Loved it!! <3
July 5, 2013
Fun and enjoyable with a few twists that are different than your average rom com. Rue is quite funny. Elliot Gould provides excellent support. It's fresh.
½ March 22, 2013
Brad Leong's "quirky" romantic comedy retreads ground that is already so well worn, everyone just slides right through.
May 15, 2013
I make gazpacho out of rotten tomatoes... and love this film.
June 4, 2013
I really don't understand the low ratings for this movie. It was a charming romantic comedy, neither overly "formulaic" nor "uninspired". Rue was fantastic, and it had heart and comedy. I think perhaps these critics are jaded, but if anyone is checking out this movie and is turned off by the critics, don't listen to them. It's a great independent movie that's worth checking out.
June 4, 2013
Love this movie! So much fun. Awesome cast, great story, and a beautiful tribute to Downtown Los Angeles. If you live in LA and haven't seen this movie, you are seriously missing out.
June 2, 2013
Saw this charming movie in the theater. Wonderful chemistry between Sara and Haaz. The music is great, the vision of downtown LA is fabulous, and the story will make you smile. Dorfman in Love is a feel good movie, and will not disappoint.
May 30, 2013
I was intrigued by the write up so I rented this movie. I'm REALLY glad I did! The movie totally caught me by surprise. It's listed as a romantic comedy, but it's a lot more than that. It's a smart movie that does something I appreciate; it makes you think. Terrific film.
May 28, 2013
Funny, sweet, real, clumsy, romantic...perfect. Don't listen to those head up their ass critics.
½ May 16, 2013
This movie needs to find more love here! It's a very well-executed rom com, with Sara Rue leading an impeccable cast (Elliott Gould! Haaz Sleiman! Downtown LA!) in her own charming and wonderful way. Sure, it's predictable that she'll find love - and herself - in the end...but that's what we want, and the journey is so fun and charming, that we really enjoy going with Dorfman on her voyage. Funny, charming, warm, and ultimately uplifting - this film is a small treasure!
May 8, 2013
I loved "Dorfman in Love". It was inspiring and uplifting, leaving me feeling happy and hopeful. Not enough movies do that these days and I'm grateful for the wonderful story and touching performances by a wonderful cast! I love Elliott Gould, he's a legend and once again he gives us a magnetic performance that pulls you right into the Dorfman family. Sara Rue is sure to be a big star! She was so real in her performance and the script was so real, that I wondered how could writer Wendy Kout have known so much about my life. Only wish I had met Haaz! I will see this movie, again and again, anytime I need to smile, laugh and feel stronger and more confident in my journey. As an LA teen, back in the day . . . I'm so excited to see what is happening to downtown LA and I applaud this movie, not only for it's heartfelt story but for the city that is getting the love it needs in it's journey! Can't believe what an awesome job the director did, do you know his age?!! We are going to be seeing A LOT more from him, too. Love the revitalization of downtown LA, Love the story and Love the way this cast brought the story to life. It's EXACTLY what the world needs now . . . is love sweet Dorfman in Love!
May 4, 2013
Los Angeles is a surprisingly winning backdrop to this love story that starts with learning to love oneself. Sara Rue is the heart of the movie, reliable as always, with a memorable performance by Haaz Sleiman as the man who opens her up to new possibilities.
April 27, 2013
Such a great movie!!! Well cast and lovely story line. I highly recommend seeing this one!
April 24, 2013
Cute movie .... wasn't sure what to anticipate, but loved it. Love Sara Rue & Elliott Gould . Great father/daughter team :)
½ April 24, 2013
I wasn't prepared to like this film as much as I did. The performances were great, it was well cast and the story, though sometimes predictable, was told in a very fresh and enjoyable way. It was also a love letter to Los Angeles highlighting the wonderful and diverse looks about the city. It's one of those little indie films that is completely worth seeing.
½ April 24, 2013
I thought this movie was charming. A fun look at a 'valley girl' moving to downtown Los Angeles. Loved it.