Dorfman in Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dorfman in Love Reviews

August 28, 2015
I LOVE IT! Sara Rue is amazing, and I really liked the movie. A normal, nice romantic drama.
August 16, 2015
Not great, but not bad either.
½ June 25, 2014
I got to admit, this was a cute movie. The main character, guys, and story line was just simply winsome.
February 2, 2014
I loved this movie. It was sweet .and very charming. Sara Rue was terrific and refreshing. Not everything needs to be an academy award winner for gods sake! Lighten up people and bounce off the high horse. Have some fun!
January 20, 2014
This was a cute, but predictable movie.
January 11, 2014
Seriously ? I loved it !! Yes it is a chick flick. Yes it is reminiscent of a few other films ( and good ones ) I have seen. But....I was entertained. From the moment I started watching the movie till it was over. I had a smile on my face at the end. That !!! is ENTERTAINMENT !! And that is why I watch most films.
December 6, 2013
If you really love someone learn to fight for it.
November 30, 2013
I loved this. It was so cute. It's the total reinvent yourself story.
November 26, 2013
This was sooo sweet and heartwarming! Loved it!! <3
November 8, 2013
This film is surprisingly better than I was expecting, thanks to its talented cast, highlighted by Sara Rue and Elliott Gould, who delivers the film's funniest lines, but it's still not that good of a movie. It certainly gets by on Sara Rue's charismatic and immensely likable performance, but the script is predictable and overtly cutesy. And despite the fact that it was written by a female, to be fair the script could've undergone changes that weren't up to the woman who wrote it, there's this whole sexist tone that underscores the events of the film. So, if a woman doesn't have kids or is married by a certain age, then it should be hell for her? Is a woman's worth, when she reaches a certain age, really measured by whether or not she's been married and has kids yet? The movie, for the most part, tries to be really cute and inoffensive, except when you really think about the story. Other than that, the film, while generic and with a script ripped right out of a sitcom, is certainly pleasant and watchable thanks to Sara Rue. I really do think her talents are wasted in this film, because she has a very charming and vibrant personality, so you immediately take to her in this movie because of that, but it's a shame the script and the generic story lets her down. There's also another part of the movie that I didn't like and that was the climax. Basically, Deborah has to choose between two men, naturally, as her life would be meaningless without a man in it, the movie makes it clear to you, it's not me being an asshole. Basically there's Jay and there's Cookie. One man she's had a crush on her entire life, but he always uses her for his own benefits, if he needs a favor, that kind of stuff. He never listens to her problems or helps her out with anything. The other actually treats her with respect, actually listens to her problems, and actually helps her out when she needs him. So who does she pick? Naturally, at first, she picks the asshole. When she's there, she finally realizes that this guy isn't really interested in her, and then she goes for the guy that actually treats her like a real human being. This was certainly odd, would someone over the age of 14, really be that blinded by "love", that you wouldn't see how much of a douchebag one of your romantic interests is? It was certainly contradictory to everything the movie was trying to be at that point. Why wouldn't she go straight to the person who actually treated her decently? It was odd, and not a particularly effective way to end a rom-com. 'Hey, I chose you because my first choice didn't really pan out'. That's all the ending boils down to. Of course, there's the really cheesy moment when Deborah finally does choose Cookie, so perhaps that's the reason the climax went as it did. I digress, this film has some pretty lame scripting, and it wasn't really funny, though it did have some really funny lines, but this is a sitcom script at best that is elevated by the cast, in particular, Sara Rue, who does a good job here with what she is given.
September 15, 2013
A sweet quirky romantic comedy, about a girl that loves one guy that she is mesmerized over and jumps at the chance of looking after his apartment while he is away of Assignment. During the time away she gets to re-do his apartment and meets his neighbor and they become friends etc...
There is nothing in this movie that you would have not seen before however its just light and sweet and just fun.
It has Ross and Monica's father from Friends and also has the Dr Stephanie from The Big Bang Theory the Dr that dated Leonard for a few episodes.
For you Aussie's out there like me we have Sophie Monk in this flick she plays a Russian model.
August 21, 2013
the perfect movie for a Sunday night for a romantic girl. It simply makes you dream, smile, cry, laugh. I totally enjoyed every minute of it
July 5, 2013
Fun and enjoyable with a few twists that are different than your average rom com. Rue is quite funny. Elliot Gould provides excellent support. It's fresh.
½ June 7, 2013
Brad Leong's "quirky" romantic comedy retreads ground that is already so well worn, everyone just slides right through.
June 7, 2013
I make gazpacho out of rotten tomatoes... and love this film.
June 4, 2013
I really don't understand the low ratings for this movie. It was a charming romantic comedy, neither overly "formulaic" nor "uninspired". Rue was fantastic, and it had heart and comedy. I think perhaps these critics are jaded, but if anyone is checking out this movie and is turned off by the critics, don't listen to them. It's a great independent movie that's worth checking out.
June 4, 2013
Love this movie! So much fun. Awesome cast, great story, and a beautiful tribute to Downtown Los Angeles. If you live in LA and haven't seen this movie, you are seriously missing out.
June 2, 2013
Saw this charming movie in the theater. Wonderful chemistry between Sara and Haaz. The music is great, the vision of downtown LA is fabulous, and the story will make you smile. Dorfman in Love is a feel good movie, and will not disappoint.
May 30, 2013
I was intrigued by the write up so I rented this movie. I'm REALLY glad I did! The movie totally caught me by surprise. It's listed as a romantic comedy, but it's a lot more than that. It's a smart movie that does something I appreciate; it makes you think. Terrific film.