Dorothy and the Witches of Oz Reviews

• May 21, 2017

I'm not difficult to entertain and generally not hard on movies but this was easily the worst movie I've ever seen. The actress playing Dorothy is so grating and disconnected, you want something bad to happen to her. I was definitely? cheering for the witches to unleash some evil on her. In a scene at her apartment, Dorothy hears a noise in the refrigerator and it takes her nearly 40 seconds to go 3 feet. This is a good example of how painfully show the pacing of film is as it drones on and on. The casting person was either completely inept or no good actresses works touch this steaming pile. Made about an hour in and had to just walk away. The worst!

• Nov 12, 2014

Made for cable crap, but interesting if you like all things wizard of OZ.

Made for cable crap, but interesting if you like all things wizard of OZ.

• Sep 14, 2014

This was AWFUL! Don't let some good actors like Christopher Lloyd, Lance Henrikson, Sean Astin and Jeffrey Combs trick you into watching this miniseries changed into a movie with lower-than-Asylum special effects and awkward acting. I think this is one of the few times that my television actually gave off an odor while showing a film.

• May 20, 2014

Another take on the Wizard of Oz this one is a little darker and takes place in CT.

• Jan 03, 2014

Ehhhh boy, j'ai pas réussi à l'écouter pour de vrai. Je l'ai vu sur le fastforward et ça m'a suffit !!

• Nov 02, 2013

:/ The worst Oz adaption i have seen

:/ The worst Oz adaption i have seen

• Sep 12, 2013

Great idea, poor execution, and very anti-climactic. The story's so disjointed that by the time we get to the "final stand-off" we just don't care about any of the characters, we don't get to know them enough to care. I actually think it would have been a better story if we started in 1889 and just followed Dorothy's adventures through Oz. Not to mention that the final scene between Dorothy and Billie were waaaay too much talking and not enough action. Billy Boyd as Nick Chopper was the only good thing in this movie, some much needed comic relief to an unfortunately boring fantasy.

• Aug 19, 2013

If it only had a brain. It certainly tries very hard, but there's nothing original or really even remotely entertaining about this overly long and unfulfilling adaptation.

• Apr 20, 2013

I saw this movie at the Phoenix premier. What a wonderful follow-up to an American Classic. The acting was a highlight for this reviewer because of the casting of some new and refreshing talent. Paulie Rojas played an adult Dorothy Gale, and provided a delightful blend of the fiesty original character from the beloved classic, while also capturing the power of innocence needed to oppose the forces of evil. This is a must for OZ lovers. If you haven't shared the original with your kids, rent it, then take them to see this 20 year later sequal. They'll love it! Eliza Swenson plays the quintessential Wicked Witch. While I would have enjoyed seeing more of Christopher Lloyd, he never fails to entertain an audience.

• Apr 14, 2013

Truly the worst acting I have seen.

Truly the worst acting I have seen.