Dosti (Friendship) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dosti (Friendship) Reviews

September 17, 2013
A story of two inseparable friends which has stayed with me since I saw this black and white ,gem of a movie. And the songs make it all the more unforgettable.
ScoopOnline
May 27, 2011
First of all I love this Movie. Everytime I watch it, it touches my Heart so badly.

Alone the great voice of Rafi combined with Sudhir wow. I wish my Generation wouldnt be so easily running after all those imitations of these days and I wish they would give the Classics a chance too.

Dosti is a story of two boys, Ramu (Sushil Kumar) and Mohan (Sudhir Kumar). Ramu becomes a cripple due to an accident while Mohan is blind. The two earn a living by singing and playing the harmonica.

Both actors play their parts convincingly. One of the film's highlights is the music -- scored by newcomers Laxmikant-Pyarelal -- especially songs like Chahoonga mein tumein, Teri dosti mera pyar, Janewale zara and Rahi manava dukh ki chinta.
One of the Piece of Candy I proudly own and enjoy everytime I watch it.

Trivia
Even though Dosti won a National Award for Best Film, it did nothing for the actors' careers. Dosti was one of Sushil Kumar's earliest films, and his last.

Sudhir Kumar featured in only two films after this -- Love (1991) and Dulhe Raja (1998).

Only the producers -- Rajshri Films, makers of the hit Hum Aapke Hain Kaun...! -- composers L-P and an actor who played one of the small roles Sanjay Khan profited from the film's success.
October 10, 2010
It is one of the best movies I have ever seen.