Down a Dark Hall Reviews

• 15h ago

Such a good movie. Not horror in a sense but about life and choices we make and how they define us. Highly recommend

• Apr 19, 2020

Very stylistic movie with eerie scares.

Very stylistic movie with eerie scares.

• Nov 25, 2019

Hidden Gem Truly Glad I Found It

Hidden Gem Truly Glad I Found It

• Sep 15, 2019

Nice camera and lighting. Music score nice too. However the plot is a bit weak.

Nice camera and lighting. Music score nice too. However the plot is a bit weak.

• Aug 24, 2019

The suspense had my chest tight the entire time. The premise of the movie is excellent. Yes, there were some story/pacing flaws, but overall it was very enjoyable. The cast, camerawork, music and overall visual of it was brilliant. I usually multitask while watching tv or movies, this however, had me enthrawled. I put down my pen and just watched. I think it deserved a better score than I see it has. However, it may just be a movie that needs the viewer to be in a certain mind frame to watch, and an appreciation of the arts to enjoy.

• Aug 11, 2019

Can't say I wasn't too impressed with this film. The ending is still an intriguing watch and some really interesting ideas there

• Aug 04, 2019

Fell asleep.... So boring.

Fell asleep.... So boring.

• Aug 01, 2019

Started interesting with a sort of classic vibe, but was later to progress too hasty and at times not quite making sense.

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jul 05, 2019

AnnaSophia Robb and Uma Thurman lead the cast in the supernatural horror film Down a Dark Hall. Based on a bestselling book, the story follows a rebellious teenage girl who's sent to a reform school for troubled youth called Blackwood, but she soon discovers that something strange is going on and begins to suspect that she and her fellow students are being used for some nefarious purpose. Robb gives a fairly good performance and director Rodrigo Cortes does an impressive job at creating an atmospheric mood. However, the storytelling is a little weak and lacks strong villains. Also, the supernatural isn't really played for scares, and the scares that are there seem a little out of place. Still, despite its problems, Down a Dark Hall is a creepy thriller full of mystery and intrigue.

• Jun 30, 2019

Absolutley BORING! Struggled staying awake on my couch. Not scary in the least or interesting. Just so extremely DULL! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.