Down in the Valley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Down in the Valley Reviews

January 8, 2015
sad....great movie
January 2, 2015
Drama/romance movie and better and better through the movie.
October 2, 2014
This movie takes a while to get going and I did find it a bit of a drag in parts. The director wasted an hour at the beginning, on a weak love story and then it switches to a man on the run. From the beginning, the main character seemed a bit strange but the director doesn't really touch on his past. He just drifts along and struggles to live day to life for some unknown reason. Anyway, the acting was average and after the big build up, the showdown at the end was short-lived. Average!

Edward Norton is another one of those actors that looked like he was going to have a promising career, but after some bad choices, his career hasnt been that great. From the disappointing Hulk to the average performance in the Bourne Legacy, he hasn't really touched the great performances in the Fight Club and American History X. I've always liked David Morse, but he always seems to act the same in all of his films. On the whole, this is one of those movies that won't really stick out in my head, but there are a couple of shocking moments that keep the movie slightly interesting.

Budget: N/A
Worldwide Gross: $1million

I recommend this movie to people who are into there deep dramas about a drifter who falls in love with a girl against the fathers wishes. 4/10
November 5, 2013
Interesting characters.
October 21, 2013
A good movie overall yet kind of dragged on in places.
½ August 12, 2013
Thought provoking. Must be seen, but everybody won't like it, I understand that.
January 31, 2013
This movie is weird to begin with, and the final act is a mess. The girl is stupid, and you end up being kind of glad when Norton's cowboy meets his fate.
January 21, 2013
Great first half gives way to a predictable and unfortunate turn of events in the second. Having said that, great performances from the ever reliable Edward Norton and the fresh faced talent of Evan Rachel Wood.
December 27, 2012
This film is so boring. It is so predictable as it unfolds. It shows raw sex scenes which are deplorable. Not worth watching at all.
December 7, 2012
Down in the Valley
Synopsis: When Harlan Carruthers, a charismatic cowboy who seems as if he would be much more at home in Monument Valley than in the San Fernando Valley, has a chance encounter with Tobe, a bored and restless suburban teenager, both of their lives are turned up...
Starring: Edward Norton, Evan Rachel Wood, David Morse, Rory Culkin, Bruce Dern
Directed by: No information available.
November 11, 2012
Favorite Norton movie. Incredible acting
October 21, 2012
This movie definitely has mistakes, but it's so original and unique, I can't really compare it to much iv'e seen before, Few movies in the past were able to combine and develop two sort of opposite style stories so well, and Edward Norton delivers a intense performance, Maybe my opinion is a little biased because he's one of my favorite actors, but he really brings some fierce acting to this role, and the acting of the other characters is great as well. The movie itself could have been a disaster or mediocre but even if you think the story and production of the movie sucks, the acting is just so good that you cant help but give it some credit. Because of its uniqueness and the intriguing character of Harlan, this is a highly entertaining and gut wrenching thrill ride, where you always hope for the best, but can't help but expect the hope as the story unravels in front of you.
September 27, 2012
The story was loose.But the performances were great.Specially edward norton was great.
July 18, 2012
Easy to overlook the movie but not the performances of Norton,Wood, Morse and Caulkin. A tale of real life emotions and dysfunction.
½ July 10, 2012
Good acting, but overall not a particularly great movie.
½ July 2, 2012
I liked the pace and the atmosphere, but the plot is unfortunately quite shallow.
½ June 19, 2012
it was ok..a litttle slow at times..ok througout the whole
June 18, 2012
its different. kinda slow at times, but not to shabby