Down to You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Down to You Reviews

June 3, 2016
This rom-com is replete with sophomoric humor and a cookie cutter plot. However, there is good chemistry between Prinze and Stiles and the unexpected (by me) appearance of Ashton Kutcher making this entertaining enough for me.
April 11, 2015
This movie was fresh and entertaining, critics say boring, but listen, it is a movie, and a not Presidential Campaign. We need more movies like this one. Not a bunch of trash.
April 9, 2015
A guilty pleasure that I keep watching because Julia Stiles & Freddie Prinze Jr should have made for a much better flick.
Great music. Takes me back to high school.
April 9, 2015
- It's pleasant enough but there wasn't much passion between the two leads - both when they're in love and when they're fighting. They were a car accident and they barely reacted! The whole movie feels a bit flat and monotone.

- This has like every 2000 teen/rom com player in it: Freddie Prince Jr, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, Rosaria Dawson, Ashton Kutcher.

- I would have preferred more narration/focus on Imogen's life.

- Harry Winkler was a nice addition as Al's dad.

- There's no way they were in college and waited several months to sleep together.

- The movie suggests doings a "reality cooking show" as if it's absurd idea. Now their version was a lot like "Cops" (which would be ridiculous). But there are so many reality cooking shows now that it's funny to see the idea framed as a very bizarre concept.

- The cameo of "The Man Show" reminds me how gross that show was. "Must be gay because he likes to cook hardy har har" - ew.

- Why is Ashton Kutcher's musician character obsessed with eggs???

- The music in this movie is so early 2000s it's great. The fashion is also great - velvet spaghetti strap dresses, oriental mini dresses, cardigan sets with formal skirts.

- Rosaria Dawson's character as the trippy hippie girl was the best part. At least she made some facial expressions.
½ December 18, 2014
Just didn't come across--the plot didn't ' make a lot of sense in any meaningful way.
½ November 12, 2014
½ July 12, 2014
Disappointing, I had expected a better film than this. That being said, it was more mature in it's dealing with the subject matter than what I expected.
June 29, 2014
Ok romantic comedy good cast but the movie is less than the sum of its parts
March 17, 2014
i watch it all over againl it never cease to amaze me
November 7, 2013
realistic and believable. it goes into the hardships of relationships rather than just focusing on the romantic aspects. very underrated movie even if the acting is a little on the weak side.
½ August 12, 2013
One of my favorites b/c it portrays the typical evolution of a college relationship.
½ July 4, 2013
Freddie Prinze Jr. & Julia Stiles are lovely actors & have great chemistry but this movie is SOOOO BORING.
June 12, 2013
a movie trying to hard to be Annie Hall that it ends up just as bland as everything else.
January 10, 2013
Loved this movie. Little quirky, but a good story
December 7, 2012
Standard film, mediocre, nothing further, worth one watch or two.
½ December 6, 2012
Love this "Love @ first sight!
½ September 1, 2012
such a cute couple :)
August 31, 2012
i want to watch this only because it is the most lowest rated movie i have ever seen on rotten tomatoes
August 2, 2012
This movie came out on my birthday.

On theatre or a tv screen this movies like poetry. interverted shy guy meets, exterverted free-spirit girl. Both 'Prince'and 'Stiles' are electrifying. What begins as the perfect college romance becomes a close hit of possible pregnancy, stiles scared and tested negative changes her life path by dumping Prince and the school for other options. Prince who doesn't take it to well buys her favorite shampoo and attempts to commit suicide by drinking the bottle. His attempt back fires. just before he give up on hope. Stiles comes back and rekindles the love, on one condition no more shampoo drinking!
July 23, 2012
My fav. Freddie Prinze movie. A must see! I'm a Sap for Romance!