Downloaded - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Downloaded Reviews

½ July 11, 2016
Interesting look at Napster and it's effect on the world.
½ December 20, 2015
La historia de Napster es muy interesante por ser el primer servicio de P2P de música con una base de afiliados gigante y como empezó el cambio de la industria musical. Sin embargo el director llena los 106 minutos de entrevistas aburridas y largas y parece mas que fuera el material que recogió para hacer el trabajo como si no existiera la edición. Todo lo que contó se podría resumir en 15 minutos.
September 18, 2015
Documentary about Napster and all the BS they told the record studios in 1999 has not changed.
September 8, 2015
As with Napster itself, the film feels a little dated. Technology has moved on from that time in the late 90s/early 2000s when Napster rocked an industry. It is nonetheless well polished and interesting look at how the industry changed and was forced belatedly to adapt to new customer demands.
½ August 7, 2015
The music industry spent so much money fighting Napster and 15 years later they still haven't adjusted to the technology available.
As for Metallica, maybe they should have spent their time trying to find out who leaked I Disappear, instead of taking it out on the fans that just wanted to listen to it.
½ June 24, 2015
Did these guys create the first free share of anything? Or the first prototype of itunes?
½ April 6, 2015
Mildly interesting. I do remember Napster. I wasn't a user myself, so that's why it's not overly riveting to me. I think it would be very interesting for someone who used it regularly.
January 3, 2015
super intresting, you see how much napster has effected the world and still is today. A little BS from the Napster creators about what it was created for. It does slant toward Napter a bit but still so much good info and perspectives.
December 11, 2014
A really fascinating look at the music industry's hopeless attempt to retain control in the early 2000´s by shutting down Napster
December 2, 2014
Remember Napster? Nostalgia and only would be the only reason to enjoy this documentary. In terms of new information, it does not provide much (if you were around in 1999 that is).
November 18, 2014
A story well told full of good memories
October 7, 2014
Interesting to take a look back on things we all went through, though this does feel like a "longer then needed" movie.
½ October 2, 2014
This is a movie about idealism and vision. This whole situation could have been solved early on had the music people gotten together with Napster and come up with a business model where everyone wins. Instead the courts and lawyers are the only one who win. And as for Metalica and Dr. dre, I will never put another dime in their pockets.
September 26, 2014
Not gripping, just an interesting account of how the music sharing practice evolved, and the accompanying drama. It is kinda wild that this era was a part of my life (tho I never used Napster, I recall the frustration of getting things from internet before, and using their successors (Limewire, etc.) after).
½ September 2, 2014
I thought it was going to be about digital music in general and not just Napster ... Still it was a well told documentary, very interesting & informative. I still think Napster deserved to be shut down anyway.
August 24, 2014
An interesting retelling of recent history showing you how an industry made itself obsolete and alienated a generation. Interesting that the artists who fought it are now has-beens for the most part.
August 15, 2014
Damn you Metallica and Dr. Dre. Lol.
August 14, 2014
Mildly informative but not much more than we already knew about the history of Napster and contrasting opinions about intellectual property rights.
August 6, 2014
This is a documentary about Napster. It was really interesting... And it made me feel old! One of the best parts was hearing what different musicians thought of it (at the time) and seeing who was open to the idea and who was not. It's amazing how the music industry was shaped and changed by a couple of teenagers who had a revolutionary idea.
August 4, 2014