Downstream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Downstream Reviews

½ June 9, 2014
Contender for the worst made movie ever!
October 27, 2012
Cheap acting ruins the production although the story acceptable
September 23, 2012
is it as depressing as the road?
½ May 28, 2012
Watched the first 20 minutes of it and I am shutting it down as it is, I think, the worst movie I've seen in at least a decade.

Horrible actors, editing like some ugly music clip, costumes and acting wouldn't be good even for a Xena episode (and we know how they are).

Normally I try and watch a movie to the end before judging, but in this case I feel it would be like watching dog crap for 101 minutes.

Swearwords are not allowed, right?

If you are thinking about watching this... think it twice... If you still want to watch it well... condolences for the time you are going to spend.

In 3 Words: PLAIN HORRIBLE MOVIE.
August 6, 2011
I don't believe this film was ever supposed to be an action film like Mad Max. It was about a social apocalypse where continued bad decisions lead to a very bad place. It is an old style story telling where you actually have to think when watching the movie. If you were watching this movie hoping that you were going to see weight lifters in shiny leather, driving around in hot rods trying to rape each other this movie will surely disappoint you. If you want to see how sad our choices will be after a major social shift you will enjoy this story very much. The movie is rough and the acting is spotty at times but for an indie the movie that cost a million it is far better than most and is certainly better than some Hollywood films.
June 27, 2011
really bad attempt at an amateurish modern version of Mad Max
March 31, 2011
is it as depressing as the road?
January 15, 2011
As much as I like post apocalyptic scenarios the editing was very annoying and the wee message was lost.
January 5, 2011
Crap.
No ending.
Camera work is shit.
Story is bad. Downstraem tries to show the absurd "Cowboys of tomorrow" and fails.
Many of unanswered questions.
Absolut preposterous movie.

Before watching it I should have read these reviews, so I would have the chance to avoid this lost time...
November 19, 2010
en film æ meine har et ganske sterkt budskap i sæ, pluss en hel del morsome og voldelige scena:p
½ October 18, 2010
I'm always open to a good, low budget, entertaining and speculative indy scifi flick. Downstream had potential to be a fresh update to the post-apocalypse genre's root themes of environmental havoc, desert lawlessness, and salvation through ingenuity and cooperation over freakish tyanny and fatalistic submission. Instead the film is a slurry of poorly hashed contrivances from older movies, some of which were probably not worth imitating. Even still, it could have been an OK effort, if it wasn't driven down by bilge dialogue, acting thats dryer and flatter than newsprint, and a plot that crawls like it just wants a place to die. It's a waste of resources, and it should be left behind for the better of all.
September 21, 2010
Unconvincing actors tumble through an overly familiar plot assisted by horrible camera work. Plus 0.5 for avoiding the obvious ending.
September 17, 2010
i think this movie was made to send a message. well it succeeded in giving me a new perspective of what we're doing to our planet: "we're stealing from our children".
Plus the leading actor was cute and had a wonderful voice.. ;D
September 16, 2010
A not very good post apocalypse movie.

What happens when the oil runs out and the world decends in to chaos.

Been done before and a lot better than this version.

The speeding up and slowing down of scenes is disconcerting and this combined with some weird photography effects add nothing to the movie and just proves to be a distraction.
September 12, 2010
think of a badly made mad max!!! same old same old...
September 11, 2010
Weird movie. I kept thinking I was watching a film school project rather, where the student is trying to combine all sorts of directorial styles, editing techniques and modes of storytelling for evaluation and grades. In some he fails, in others he passes. But no merits.
September 9, 2010
Good, but way too preachy.
½ September 4, 2010
What a shit movie. Yuck
½ September 4, 2010
What a total crap. No real story, strange actors and the filming sucks big time. Don't even waste a minute with it, I did and regret it.
September 4, 2010
Pos na epiziseis se ena kosmo xoris petrelaio kai gynaikes...
Basika giati na epiziseis???
Eksypno, sympathitiko an kai peftei se adikaiologites synaisthimatikes koilies.

P.S. sa polles tainies de mas proetoimazoyn gia to telos tou petrelaiou?
Den gam... ego prius den agorazo.