Dr. Who and the Daleks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Who and the Daleks Reviews

July 26, 2008
Great fun, especially after having watched the original t.v. series. Kind of tacky, but neat to see all the colour. Exciting thriller. Very 60s.
July 26, 2008
Back in the good old days when Daleks were flawed by carpets and rugs. A classic film.
July 15, 2008
Dull and charmless, has about as much to do with Dr.Who as Never Say Never Again has with the Bond series.
½ July 8, 2008
the first doctor who movie, more a comedy with the sets and actors, the only one who could act was peter cushing, but an absolute must for the avid doctor who fans!!
July 6, 2008
In real terms this film was a hit in the 60's due to powerful effects strong cast and the daleks. but today it's a slow story with simple plots, ok special effects and a total seperation from the timeline of the who.
July 4, 2008
Although it's Daleks, not the most thrilling movie. I can see that it would have been a hit in the 60's (the first time Daleks were seen in colour), but in alot of ways it's not part of the TV Doctor Who timeline. Barbara is a grand-daughter along with Susan in this version. The Doctor seems to be Human instead of alien also. A good example of Doctor Who mania during the 1960's though!
½ June 20, 2008
Superb Acting and a great story, even though they actually call him Dr.Who, instead of Doctor and he is not considered a time lord, but a eccentric earth inventor, It still captivated me the entire time!! I love the Daleks, lol, oh how little they have changed over the decades lol!!
½ June 3, 2008
If Dr. Who went into a pizza restaurant would he order dalek bread?
May 10, 2008
I ONLY SAW SOME OF IT I LOVE IT!!!!!! I LIKE THE BIT WHEN SOMEONE GETS INTO THE DALK
May 6, 2008
Watch the TV version instead.
April 23, 2008
Very strange oddity of a film. Disregards the TV series for Peter Cushing as loveable grandfather 'Dr Who'. Roy Castle (RIP) is the bumbling companion who takes the group off to meet the Daleks. The Daleks work well on the big screen and I can see the current series doing a film spin off. Major cash-in in the 60's - doesn't quite cut it by todays standards - the ending is total shat. A quirky and strange experience.
½ April 13, 2008
Awwwwwww Yeahs!

Classic 50's/60's scifi what if. Cheesy design, decently acted. Don't expect it to be the tv series, tho. This was the original.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 10, 2008
Cushing's greatest role - after Grand Moff Tarkin.... But he's still no William Hartnell.
February 14, 2008
It's OK, But Better Than The 1996 Film, The Doctor Is Not An Alien, Either Is Susan But The Tardis & Daleks Remain
½ January 29, 2008
Flemyng gives the quintessential British TV icon the Amicus treatment pitting Cushing and Castle against Nation's extinguisher wielding pepper pots in this slice of 60s silliness.
January 15, 2008
First of the Dr. Who movies, these starting Peter Cushing. Based on the British SF series, this one reworks the second serial as a movie.
January 12, 2008
all you dr. who fans, this is the original dr who series
January 7, 2008
Nothing like its far superior television counterpart (Peter Cushing is human afterall!) but this is good, old fashioned fun; cheesier than a King Island Blue.

It's bright and colourful and very much of its time with clunking steel cities and Dalek pepperpots, scary jungles and helpless girls with bob haircuts.

Modest family matinee sci-fi that doesn't aim for the stars but exterminates with fervour nonethless.
December 14, 2007
Good but the original TV version was better.