Dr. Giggles Reviews

• 5d ago

An underrated classic gem.

An underrated classic gem.

• Nov 04, 2019

Judging by how old this movie is, I thought age would not age well. Made me absolutely scared as a kid. Watching this movie again, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. The amount of puns, jokes, and gore makes this more of a comedy horror than anything else. An enjoyable one at that as well.

• Mar 22, 2019

I'm always looking for horror movies like this. Dr. Giggles is a awesomely bad and completely hilarious early 1990's slasher flick. The plot is actually awful but in the best way possible. A deranged doctor who has more one liners than Freddy Kreuger. The abundance of gore is a plus. The acting isn't that bad for a B movie. It goes by very quickly and has enough entertainment for a rewatch factor.

• Mar 26, 2016

The story has numerous cliches, occasional implausible logic and several unoriginal characters. Thankfully, Larry Drake as Dr. Giggles manages to make the viewing experience campy fun. The visual effects, gore and music are made decently enough to get something out of this early Dark Horse comic book movie. For my full review of Dr. Giggles (1992), check it out on this IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104139/reviews-89

• Sep 13, 2015

This is a personal favorite of mine from my childhood. I love this movie! It's all so over the top and just a lot of fun. It's really goofy but that's why I like it so much. I highly recommend it!

• Apr 07, 2015

If you have a Saturday night to kill watching a good splatter film you might want to find something else.

• Oct 25, 2014

This is a total waste of time. Nothing scary to see and only mildly amusing.

This is a total waste of time. Nothing scary to see and only mildly amusing.

• Aug 11, 2014

Wise-cracking slasher movies modelled on the Nightmare on Elm Street series are really not my thing. I like my slashers grim and serious like the early 80s pioneers. Larry Drake puts in a good performance here but it's pretty much wasted on a tired retread of all the standard slasher tropes. Nothing to see here folks.

• Jan 16, 2014

Despite the twisted humor and 80's slasher cliches, Dr. Giggles serves up enough creepiness due to a solid performance by Larry Drake.

• Jan 08, 2014

Due to where I first saw this flick and who I was with, this is an important movie to me. I will always be taken back to that evening in that apartment. The salmon and shrimp were great. We also ate dragon fruit the next morning. Nate came over the next morning and ate up some sausage n eggs we made. But Nate was welcome, because he was the one who brought this film to my attention. He said it reminded him of me and my doctor visit to Akron (4 hours away from where we were, we were in Cincinnati). This movie is awesome.