Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine Reviews

October 26, 2010
Not so camoflaged spoof of Goldfinger (all the bikini's are gold). Lots of running around, chasing and mad cap merriment as Dr. Goldfoot (Vincent Price) does comedy like no other.

These films and so many beach party ones like it were not ever intended to be serious cinema. They targeted the huge teen market that just wanted to see their teen idols. Odd that Vincent Price, as old as he was, would get the nod to be the lead character Dr. Goldfoot, but there was always a teen idle like Avalon or Fabian to be the good guy.

Duane Hickman also stars as a millionaire sought after by Dr. Goldfoot. Hickman in real life had his own TV show called Dobie Gillis, out of which came an even more poplular sitcom called Gilligans Island with Gilligan getting his start on the Dobie Gillis show.

Anyway, the lame plot hardly makes a difference as its all about Dr. Goldfoot making bikini clad beauties marrying wealthy men. Watch this for the hot girls, Vincent Price is priceless. Frankie Avalon is the agent after Price.

Fans of these teen pictures flocked to see their screen idols no matter what happened in the film.

Frankie Avalon

Screenplay: Robert Kaufman
Guest Star: Annette Funicello
Screenplay: Elwood Ullman
½ September 25, 2010
Austin Power fans take note, this is the movie that first gave us Fembots. Actually i believe Mike Myers drew alot of inspiration from this work of 60's zaniness. A must-see for both Vincent Price and beach movie fans.
½ August 1, 2010
My friends were much more taken with this than I, but it certainly wasn't awful. Vincent Price as Goldfoot is clearly having a ball, and if we never left his evil lair/ laboratory, I think this could have really been something great. But we have a rather boring plot involving Goldfoot's army of gold-bikini clad robots poised to take over wealthy men's assets and give them to Goldfoot. Watching the fembots in action is an exercise in monotony, a thing this film really enjoys oddly enough.

Frankie Avalon, for his part, does extremely well, and it's a great showcase for his comedic talents. He's bolstered by an enjoyable Dwayne Hickman, as his partner in trying to stop Goldfoot's plan. Plus, as stated, Price is clearly having fun, and it's a shame it's to little effect.

Norman Taurog, the director, has little to no sense for this kind of comedy, and most scenes last 3-5 minutes too long; effectively killing whatever joke just happened. Until the end, it's only a mild hinderance, as it's still funny, just trying to wring out too much. But the ending chase sequence drags, and drags, and drags, and felt like it was 30 minutes long, when it was a little under 10. The ending really grated on my nerves, and it seemed to be a tease, setting up for future installments, of which there are at least 3. Why? I'm not really sure. How many ways can one try and get rich?
July 16, 2010
Vincent Price plays a Mad Scientist who creates Sexy female Robots to squander Rich men of their money,Very silly and as Camp as a row of tents,I'm pretty sure Austin Powers' Fem-Bots were inspired by this film,it has very amusing moments such as 'The Pendulum' scene which we saw in 'The pit+The Pendulum' Vincent Price is great fun in it too,worth a watch.
½ July 3, 2010
It weren't too bad but very dumb. I do love vincent price though. Always lights up the screen. Fairly enjoyable. Influence on Austin powers.
½ June 19, 2010
Most entertaining was the soundtrack which feachered The Supremes singing the title song in gorgeous three-part harmonies. Flo and Diane are prominent top and middle harmonies with Mary aptly holding down the lower range in her sexy style.
½ June 2, 2010
Fun for about half an hour before the slapstick gets to be too overbearing. "We've run out of script with half anv hour left. No big deal, we'll just have one long chase sequence!" Ug. Theme song by the Supremes?!?
June 1, 2010
its funny, but the action is very much like a scooby doo cartoon
½ May 5, 2010
That's one star for the surprisingly catchy theme song by The Supremes, another star for the presence of Vincent Price, and a half a star for having the comedic team of Frankie Avalon and Dwayne Hickman.

There's no way around it, this movie is ridiculous, but like previous "Beach Party" departure films, this movie is aware of its ridiculousness. Vincent Price is a mad scientist who came up with the kooky idea of making sexy robotic women who can marry rich men allowing him to reap the rewards. Mild hilarity ensues of course.

Vincent Price is in rare form with his overacting, but with such material, can one really blame him? There are a few genuinely funny moments, a couple of great in-jokes referring to past "Beach Party" movies, the only big flaw is that it takes far too long before Dwayne Hickman and Frankie Avalon team up.
½ February 27, 2010
Other than the Art Clokey title sequence, this has to rank as one of the most disposable of the AIP bikini-themed reels.
February 22, 2010
It's awesome Vincent Price is a madmen who has a plan to make bikini clad female robots to marry rich people to rake their money.
½ December 30, 2009
Camp films are only good in much shorter presentations.
November 30, 2009
very hilarious, I laughed the whole time
October 23, 2009
This was Austin Powers before Austin Powers
May 25, 2009
The feds would ban this movie if it was named the "trenchcoat machine." A campy movie in the spirit of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
½ April 5, 2009
You'd think that Vincent Price with an army of scantily clad robot women would be an irresistible premise. I spent 89 minutes wanting to punch Frankie Avalon.
March 13, 2009
Vincent Price in a comedy. 'nuff said!
½ February 3, 2009
These beach movies cracked me up as a kid. There was so much going on in them. They were like the predecessors to the Zucker Bros. comedies. Throw enough stuff at the audience and somthing's bound to stick.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one infatuated with these. During high school we actually flew Eric Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) in because there was a mini revival going on. (Also because it was chessy G-rated stuff and HS had to fight the influx of 70s drugs and sex.)
January 16, 2009
Very funny, Price was priceless! I loved it when they pointed to things from other movies. And then they survive at the end, too! It's so crazy, I loved it.
January 8, 2009
Another weird one, but pretty funny, in a creepy kinda way.