Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Reviews

• Dec 29, 2019

This movie was a lot better than I thought it would be going in. Dougray Scott is excellent and the cast is solid. This is a modern version so if you're looking for a period piece then pass it by. Definitely worth a look see:-)

• Sep 22, 2013

Not a very good modern re-telling of the Robert Louis Stevenson classic. Frederick March, Spencer Tracey and Jack Palance have nothing to worry about.

• Dec 02, 2011

Holy crap is this bad

Holy crap is this bad

• Nov 29, 2011

I love both the original novel and Dougray Scott (one of the most underutilized actors working today), so this dull stinker was doubly disappointing.

• Jul 22, 2011

Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novel is translated into a modern tale - again. Initially, the movie has an interesting feel, and Dougray Scott is far from the worst I've seen in the lead role, but it soon falls into a slow, predictable trot. The final act of the film is an annoyingly cliched courtroom drama, which I believe was one of the worst story solutions imaginable. Could have been interesting, but turned out a forgettable experience.

• Feb 11, 2011

very well acted!! i'm beginning to really enjoy Dougray Scott! he's been amazing! it reminded me of Possession (2009) with Lee Pace. wish it could have an alternate ending as well ;) the ending was a lot infuriating! wanted so much more movie.. xP

• Jan 02, 2011

Well acted by Dougray Scott, but that doesn't make up for a flimsy script meaning there is a dull storyline. Such a shame. Let's hope someone can actually make a decent movie of the classic story at some point.

• Aug 04, 2010

A modern take on the old jekyll and hyde story, doesn't really work. not sure on the casting of scott? he seems unable to do an american accent for when he's good or would you believe it a english accent for his evil side. Bit slow and not alot really happens apart from a trial!! They should have just gone with the psycho killer route with some cop or friend trying to capture him.

• Mar 26, 2010

not bad for a rather low budget movie! It totally hangs on the suttle and sublime role of dougray Scott switching between Dr Jekyll and mr hyde, very good on that last one! i find it weird that the attorney doesnt believe him. without real big happenings the story keeps you on and the disorientated schitzofrenia is well portrayed!I would saw a succesfull turn of the story in present times!

• Mar 01, 2010

Easily the worst version of this much used storyline. The whole courtroom scenario was just too bizarre. Shame, as I quite like Dougray Scott but this was just plain awful