Dracula 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dracula 2000 Reviews

½ September 15, 2016
Dracula 2000 (2000)
Starring:Johnny Lee Miller,Gerard Butler,Christopher Plummer, Justine Waddell,Vitamin C,Jennifer Esposito,Omar Epps,Shane West,Danny Masterson,Sean Patrick Thomas,Jeri Ryan, and Nathan Fillion
Directed by Patrick Lussier
Review
THE MOST SEDUCTIVE EVIL OF ALL TIME HAS NOW BEEN UNLEASHED IN OURS.
Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here has a movie he doesn't hate himself for liking and it really something you should sink your teeth into,it is one hell of a fun time. When Gerard Butler is making shit like Ps.I love you and The Bounty Hunter he tends to be a very good actor in Dracula 2000 he plays Dracula and he owns the role. Well okay he's no Gary Oldman but he gets the job done dang it. This movie put a new spin on Dracula putting him in our day and age as well as giving him a new origin.
The story goes like this years ago Abraham Van Helsing captured Dracula but was unable to kill him. He kept him hidden in a coffin and filtered his blood through leaches in order to stay alive for many years. Fast forward to present day and Van Helsing is an antique dealer training his new prodigy Simon. But much to their dismay a group of thieves go into the vault and steal their coffin. The coffin opens on an airplane and good old Dracula comes back and starts biting some necks and takes in the sight of a New Orleans citizen. He is out searching for Abraham's daughter Mary who he seems to have a strong connection with. Abraham and Simon must head to New Orleans and save Mary before Dracula finds her first.
I loved this new spin on the legend and I loved how they just updated Dracula so well for a new generation. I won't reveal what it is but the new origin for Dracula is epic it literally explains the crosses, the holy water, the stakes and the silver all in one shot. Yes, the ending just blew my mind.
There's a lot of other things to enjoy as well, this movie is packing with some good old vampire blood and some great fights between Simon, Mary and some Dracula's other vampires. As I said earlier Gerard Butler is an awesome Dracula hell he wins just wit his looks.Christopher Plummer was a spot on Van Helsining I just wish he had done more, Justine Waddell doesn't do a lot of films and its a shame cause I did like her as Mary, Johnny Lee Miller does a decnt job as Abraham's prodigy Simon and has my favorite line in the whole movie. Hell Nathan Fillion is in this movie too but don't blink though you might miss him.
Director Patrick Lussier has gone on to direct some other films like Drive Angry which I liked as well I don't think he has much to worry about for his career.
I have nothing more to say except I love this film and everything it had to offer for my favorite vampire I'm giving Dracula 2000 a four and a half out of five.
August 9, 2016
Cheesy but has some good ideas and twists on the familiar plus a great cast of familiar faces.
October 28, 2015
Dracula 2000 is supposedly a reinvention of the vampire myth and still comes up with nothing new or original.
July 28, 2015
Sort of the same old Dracula story but takes place in current time. Gerard Butler's Dracula is ridiculous & laughable, Christopher Plummer's over-the-top performance as Van Helsing is unnecessarily macabre & theatrical. The supporting actors are crap, but overall a fun watch though!
½ July 21, 2015
just an awful movie all around
½ May 8, 2015
I like this movie a lot even tho I kno its not the best dracula movie, that goes to bram stokers dracula. but I think this movie is better than dracula untold by far, so fuck you rotten tomatoes for giving this movie a bad review.
April 17, 2015
great movie one of the best vampire movie so far
February 12, 2015
its a very cool movie
November 13, 2014
I looove this movie. You have to get over the fact that these were fledgling actors, at the time. Many have gone on now to be great. What is AWESOME about this movie is the story. I have watched every vampire movie under the sun (pun intended.) This is by far one of the best versions of who Dracula is, how he came to be and how to kill him I've ever seen. On top of that you have Van Helsing prolonging his life through leaching Dracula's blood, in order to find the way. Love it, own the movie, have watched it over and over. :)
½ November 12, 2014
½ October 23, 2014
Dracula 2000 is a movie intending to put Dracula in the modern age. Unfortunately, something was lost in the conversion. It has all the same plot points as the classic Dracula tale, but the characters are bland, the acting ranges from bad to average, and it's just not as good as other vampire movies. The only plus side to the film is Gerard Butler as Dracula.
October 4, 2014
Great special effects.
October 4, 2014
It had a good concept around Dracula's origin and Van Helsing's story, but I don't know... The performances and special effects were a little comical, and not in a good way.
September 22, 2014
Before he was famous, Gerard Butler made for a very convincing modern version of Dracula.
½ August 23, 2014
I really quite enjoy this version of a 'made for the next century' Dracula. Gerard Butler did a great job of acting through his eyes as Dracula doesn't speak very often. The action is good the story is very subpar, far fetched ideas about extending one's life, Nathan Fillon as a priest, and the female lead could've been sexier. Even after all those things it still is worth a watch and the soundtrack is top tier! Pantera and Disturbed both have songs that only appear on this soundtrack (aside from being a bonus track in japan).
½ August 20, 2014
Not really a good establish vampire movie. But it has it's moments. The effects and fights are cheesy.
July 2, 2014
Meh. Interesting twist. Not sure I buy it.
June 23, 2014
count Dracula a basic bitch and he got sent to the year 2000 and like honestly HE CAN'T get murdered. some foolish dudes try to stop a vampire but not me I would dip out. Gerald Butts my guy and he somewhat at mt. everest of acting OK? I seent his physical dedication to all his roles but still sorry butts I'm still more swole.
½ April 30, 2014
A totally stupid, inane "horror" thriller marred by boring shots, bad acting, and a completely boring script.