Drag Me to Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drag Me to Hell Reviews

February 11, 2017
With the exception of the awesomeness of Evil Goat, Drag Me to Hell is a horrendously acted, completely unoriginal, poorly plodding piece of trash that is way too comedic at some points and way too dramatic at some other points, it's a terrible attempt at fan service and...it worked? I quit.
January 26, 2017
Uses some classic horror shock tools, but then Raimi throws some slapstick comedy/shock/horror moments that really push you over the top. My body didn't know whether to scream or laugh or cry, so it just ended up snorting. Thoroughly entertaining horror/comedy and maybe Raimi's best work to date.
½ January 22, 2017
You think it's going to be creative, but it does exactly what you hoped it wouldn't.
½ January 15, 2017
The clean and glossy look does take away from the stylized horror Raimi made his own in the genre, but, even with a PG-13 rating, the director still knows how to give you a fright and entertain you at the same time with some over the top fun.
½ January 13, 2017
What in the world was that all about, whatever it was I liked it.
½ January 9, 2017
One of the best horror movies Ive seen in a LONG time! Sam Raimi at his Best!
½ January 7, 2017
Some unexpected moments, which make it a good horror flick. Once I started watching it, I didn't really want to stop.
JR Dela Pena
½ December 30, 2016
Though its gimmick of using dark exaggerated humor, even though eerie and appealing, is not for the gag of the many. Some of its scenes --- if looked carefully --- have some obvious flaws, and the CGI seldomly tends to look shitty.

On the contrary, all of that didn't even do a huge rip for the film to deliver an overstate horror entertainment. One of its aspects is to playfully provoke audience's thoughts about the characters' traits and its development through a certain scene, hence, lets the audience connect to them; then gives `em a tasty, jaw-dropping brutality of a finale which probably is the most unforgettable point in the film. Drag Me To Hell possesses the title of an exaggerating, unnerving, cringeworthy, entertaining horror movie masterpiece that Sam Raimi has had ever carved since Evil Dead trilogy.
½ December 23, 2016
This movie is pretty stupid. I guess it's expected if its from Sam Raimi. This movie would have been fine if they cleaned up the special effects and got a better lead. The special effect qualities was at the same level of late 1990s early 2000s at best, very poor. The girl as the lead actress is also not great. She messed up a few scenes for me. This movie was not scary at all and it was an equal mixture of silly/gimmicky. The movie just wasn't for me. I would give it a 3/10 at best.
½ December 4, 2016
The most ridiculous rating I've ever seen. I trusted you rottentomatoes!
November 24, 2016
Has to be one, if not the best horror movie of 2009, with great characters interpreted by Alison Lohman, Dileep Rao and good old Justin Long. Another great flick by Sam Raimi, who also brought us the famous Evil Dead trilogy. I really liked this movie, I think it's one of the best supernatural movies since the 2000's, with a great shocking twist ending and also a super musical score, to add to this frighting film. Recommended !!
½ November 21, 2016
Drag Me to Hell is a film about a girl who gets cursed by an old lady and has to deal with a demon chasing her for three days before she is dragged to hell. Sam Rami directs a solid horror film that is ultimately dragged down by the predictably of the script and lukewarm acting. I'm not even sure if the acting was not very good or if the script just didn't let its actors work with anything. The plot itself is interesting, but the direction you think the movie will go in it does every time. There were also some really gross gore effects that were allright at first, but just became too much later on. However, there is definitely a lot of tension in this film, I really felt like something unimaginably terrifying was stalking the main character. The movie was also well shot, and was a good film to look at. However, it was predictable and not a movie essential for horror fans to see, not the worst though
November 6, 2016
Absolutely hilarious and loads of fun!
½ November 1, 2016
What an over the top, hilariously disgusting thrill ride! Sam Raimi's return to horror does not disappoint.

Imagine Evil Dead 2 with a 30 million dollar budget and you get Drag Me To Hell. It's a perfect blend of horror, gore and comedy that no other filmmaker can pull off. To label this as satire is an understatement. Those expecting a dark, haunting horror movie may want to readjust, but should in no way skip over this movie.

The CGI is admittedly bad even by 2009 standards and might leave a sour taste in your mouth (see what I did there?), but the strength of the practical effects and sheer fun of this movie really outweighs the bad.
October 31, 2016
I spent the whole movie being pretty pissed off at this gypsy woman. THIS WAS NOT A PROPORTIONAL RESPONSE.
October 30, 2016
Goofy, but still awesome, 'Drag Me to Hell' is so self aware of what it is that I can't help but love it.
½ October 15, 2016
Well done! Dark and evil. The old lady is truly terrifying, and the demon that they add throughout the film gives you chills up and down your spine.
October 13, 2016
Sam Raimi returns to the genre that him famous with a delightfully gross film that falls short of being a classic due to an excess of jump scares and a lesson that I'm not even sure the filmmakers understood.
½ October 13, 2016
Poor acting, poor writing. The leading actress' performance is vanilla and stale with very little believable emotion. The character is unsympathetic and you wish the evil would kill her mid-way through the film. The possession scenes are campy and the cast acts as if a person floating midair and sprouting fangs is a fairly normal circumstance. I do realize that this film is written and directed by Sam Raimi in his camp Evil Dead/Army of Darkness style, but it fails to recapture that feeling with awkward scenes and a cast that appears to have phoned-in their performances.
½ October 8, 2016
I would like to know why you gave so high score to this movie, to me this movie is horrendous, cheap special effects, and the acting wow don't now what to say . I saw it because you gave it over 90 in your tomato meter, I think you must be joking , and putting this movie in the best 100 horror movies of all time is crazy. I can't trust your judgement criticising movies any more. The director and the rest of the cast should be drag to hell for making this movie.