Dragon Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragon Hunter Reviews

½ January 5, 2014
Wow this is not good :)
½ November 26, 2012
I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I thought I would. Though somewhat predictable, it was very well written, well acted and all around entertaining. The only part I had trouble with was most of the action sense seemed to have been filmed via hand held which made it hard to tell what was going on, and kind of made me dizzy. Other than that I really enjoyed this film and found their take on dragon origins kind of cool.
April 13, 2012
I like dragons/fantasy, but this was not good. Stopped 5 minutes into it, mainly because of the poor acting. Allen Hamilton's review is totally off the mark. If he is a friend of the actors, then I understand his support, but honestly they need to learn to ease into their lines and not just splurt them out. It felt like a read through done in a 1st year acting class.
½ April 3, 2012
My review coming soon.
January 13, 2012
Al-right movie. Has some good action bits but a-little slow and the camera work could of been better.
½ July 17, 2011
Nollaa tähteä ei voinut antaa, joten laitetaan puolikas. Olkoot se puolikas tähti sitten vaikka niistä nauruista mitkä elokuvan loppuhuipentuma aiheutti.

Voin vannoa, että tämä on takuulla surkein elokuva jonka olen katsonut loppuun asti. Ihan täyttä kuraa. Ei voi kuin sääliä tekijöitä ja niiden sukulaisia. :D
½ July 5, 2011
While there was a mediocre glimpse of a story in there somewhere, it got a little lost in everything else that was going on.

The characters weren't introduced properly, so feeling anything for them was impossible. Kendrick, for one, didn't have any makings of a hero whatsoever, although his brother Darius wasn't that bad. The world this movie took place in wasn't explained at all either, considering its inhabitants (humans, orcs, elves, dragons).

I'm aware that doing anything new in the area of fantasy is pretty much impossible these days, but this movie made me cringe: it was a weak rip-off of "The Lord of the Rings", whether you looked at a close- up of eyes, the orcs... even the stiff manner of speech that was supposed to sound old or something, but managed to make the characters sound even more ridiculous than they were the rest of the time.

The story of dragon hunters was in there somewhere, and the dragon itself wasn't all that bad, but... nothing impressive there. Apparently shaking the camera during action sequences is a good way to prevent people from seeing even the few good things - if they exist - and that's what ruined the action in between stiff speech and lame drama.

There were a few good lines, but that was it. Not worth seeing, really.
ScoopOnline
March 2, 2011
I yawned already about 10 minutes later.
½ December 2, 2010
Acting: Poor.
Effects: Insane poor.
Progres: Slow and boring.
Keep clear of this movie, it is low budget crap.
Seems to be some school class project or worse.
November 24, 2010
Not a movie to make one go "Wowed" over but, a very solid entry in it genera. Granted most if not all the action parts seem to be filmed with a hand held camera which left the viewer dizzy. All in all good story and better than expected acting. A must see!
November 24, 2010
Better than I thought and I have to agree with "Girlofdagger" that the action parts of the movie seemed to be film with a hand held that was very discorded. One will not be wowed by this but, it had a good story and the acting was solid. I would recommended this movie to anyone who likes fantasy or swords and magic.
½ November 1, 2010
Okej insats av skådisarna....en lågbudget rulle, så den är ju därefter.
October 12, 2010
it kept my attention
October 8, 2010
Never mind "worst dragon film ever" this is one of the worst films i have seen. (It still outranks Brokeback Mountain, just) Rubbish acting, awful action, dull story and worse cgi then spykids.
September 15, 2010
oh boy... someone trying to combine Lord of the Rings with Dragons and Dungeons! Sounds good at the outset, but way way to slow and not very well filmed.
½ September 12, 2010
Sweet...reminds me of "Legend of The Seeker" but still...nah...sorry
½ September 4, 2010
½ July 26, 2010
It builds up to this big battle against a dragon for 90 mins and it lasts about a minute. Total anti-climax to an underwhelming film.
½ May 22, 2010
The effects aren't too grand but its not to bad a watch.
April 28, 2010
EPos apla. AN epiviosete meta apo ayto ta nea metra litotitas tha fanoun paixnidaki