Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story Reviews

½ December 5, 2016
I remember this coming out in 1993 and can't believe it's taken me until 2016 to watch it. A thoroughly enjoyable movie and more than just another martial arts flick. Yes, all of that high kicking and punching is there, but the theme of race is also discussed throughout too. A little more emphasis on the Green Hornet days would have made it better for meJason Scott Lee and Lauren Holly play Bruce and Linda superbly.
July 18, 2016
One of the best movies ever made!!!
June 19, 2016
Biographical tale about the life of martial arts legend Bruce Lee. The screenplay focuses more on his personal relationship with his wife rather than on his career. The characters seem thin and by the end of the movie I felt no emotional connection to Lee's life. It's more of a paint by numbers docudrama but it could've been much more.
June 13, 2016
good historical/bio pic
March 15, 2016
Strictly works by the charisma of its lead actor who manages to match the legend himself. Otherwise it is quite orthodox, rusty in its action sequences, melodramatic and downright corny at times.
December 28, 2015
Love this movie from start to finish, he was a legend and his legacy will never die
½ December 26, 2015
Interesting take on Bruce lee's life with good action scenes. The only problem I had with the film was the fact that they got Lee's death date wrong.
½ November 18, 2015
Creo que el único Biopic que califican por sí mismos como película de aventuras y acción. Realmente remarcable y destacable.
November 13, 2015
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
November 12, 2015
Haven't seen this in over 15 years and I mostly remembered how over-the-top many of the scenes (especially the fights) were but forgot how well produced the film was overall and how memorable it was. Unrealistic with a lot of BS about his true life but this film did capture the overall greatness of Lee and is a great homage to his own films.
August 2, 2015
Although it is a very good story, it is loaded with Hollywood's attempt to make a story better. Loaded with untrue facts, and I don't even mean the curse. The curse was fine. I mean the biographical errors But, nonetheless, worthwhile.
July 3, 2015
"Water can flow, or it can crash....be water my friend"
June 16, 2015
Wonderfully done. A fantastic insight into Bruce Lee.
½ April 8, 2015
A little hollow in it's narrative but touching and thoughtful look at the legend.
February 6, 2015
I remember loving this movie as a child, but now that I know much more about the life of Lee, I realized how much this movie sucked. So many details were altered and I didn't understand why they fully assumed that Lee was killed by a demon curse. And the at he broke his back? Way too much was altered for my taste. That's a pretty bold statement to make, especially since it's the less likely way he died.

The actor had Lee's physic which impressed me, but his portrayal of Lee didn't. This movie focused on all the wrong things about his life. 2/5
½ February 4, 2015
Based on the autobiographical account by Bruce Lee's widow Linda Lee Caldwell, the movie is entertaining with kung fu actions as well portrayal of his life. Bruce Lee tried to realize an American dream and, by his sudden death, he jumped directly into the legend. It's his great achievement that he made the kung fu movies spectacular with philosophical spices.
January 25, 2015
I love this movie. The fight scenes hold up very well and it has a great story!
October 14, 2014
Great story about a legend!
July 29, 2014
After a childhood of rigorous martial arts training, young Bruce Lee (Jason Scott Lee) escapes the street-brawls of Hong Kong to enter college in America. However, racial taunts and prejudice force him to unleash his powerful skills. Soon, scorn changes to respect and opponents become allies as Lee opens his own kung-fu school, defying his own peers who want to keep the secrets of martial arts techniques within the Asian community. Marrying a former student who shares his dreams (Lauren Holly), Lee is discovered by a Hollywood producer (Robert Wagner) and begins a meteoric rise to fame and a tragically short reign that comes to a sudden end just as film audiences worldwide begin to discover his charismatic appeal.

also stars Michael Learned, Nancy Kwan, Kay Tong Lim, Sterling Macer, Ric Young and Sven Ole Thorsen.

directed by Rob Cohen.
July 19, 2014
Fun! Made me cry to recall Bruce and Brandon Lee's death. Cool how they used the old Bruce Lee fight scenes as scenes in this movie. Smart and creative.