Reviews

• Apr 16, 2014

Beyond The Obvious Low-Budget Lameness, The Story Coulda Had Potential. I've Seen Worse Scripts With Big Budgets Fare Better In Entertainment Value, This One Simply Suffers From Realism Due To The Over-Stretched Budget & Pisa-Poor Effects. It Was Always Gonna Be Bad In That Respect.

• Nov 07, 2013

Generic creature plot with even more bland characters. It's pretty forgettable, and it's not as unique as some of other hybrid mashup movies. But the giant fire-breathing bugs are pretty cool.

• Jul 05, 2013

It's okay. Pretty fake though. A one time watch.

It's okay. Pretty fake though. A one time watch.

• Jun 18, 2013

Waste of production money. I wish producers would just donate to charity and take the tax credit instead of make crap like this. I actually felt bad for Corin Nemec, who is actually a decent actor, to be surrounded by zero talent. The two girls can breath better than they can act, and you just wait for them to take their clothes off to make up for it, which never comes. The CG looks like it is circa 1965, and the production design when it appears is horrible, which is pretty sad considering most of it takes place in the jungle.

• Dec 31, 2012

I love a good awful movie and the title here says it all - it's wasps that breath fire! Add to that a jungle setting, a drug lord called jaguar? A scientist who can't tell a block of cocaine from a brick of C4 and an insane, inadvertently drug furled finale and you're in for a real treat provided you can stomach the cheese.

• Dec 01, 2012

AMAZING MOVIE! WASPS THAT BREATH FIRE! NOW I KNOW TRUE SCIENCE FICTION!

AMAZING MOVIE! WASPS THAT BREATH FIRE! NOW I KNOW TRUE SCIENCE FICTION!

• Oct 28, 2012

It was great, the actors played well. But they don't clear up what was the dragonwap's history and the trans gen tech. The details are missing. But overall, GREAT!

• Oct 12, 2012

Low budget film.. But pretty good :)

Low budget film.. But pretty good :)

• Sep 14, 2012

There are films that have intricate plots with hidden meaning, films where serious issues are brought out and films that make you stop and think - Dragon Wasps is not one of these. This is a modern B movie and has the same feel as Ray Harryhausen's 1961 film Mysterious Island. It has everything you'd expect from a film of this sort - it's cheesy, the special effects are not the best but this is what makes it appealing. Dragon Wasps follows in the tradition of drive-thru classics such as The Blob and Godzilla - not a big-budget blockbuster but an entertaining old-fashioned adventure that does not detract with over-the-top CGI, long deep speeches or the intense development of relationships between characters. The nice thing about this monster movie is that it does exactly what it says on the tin. Throughout the movie there are plenty of giant buzzing wasps and better than that they breathe fire. That's the dragon part. Dragon Wasps is what it is, a fun adventure with many guns, bombs and yes, even cocaine. Add to that a witch doctor moment, eating raw intestines and cannibals and you are all set for a great ride. Of course there is a bit of gore too but it's not too bad. All in all I thought Dragon Wasps was a light-hearted bit of entertainment. And if you think giant wasps may be a little far-fetched, well, I say if we're ready to believe in blue people on another planet why not dragon wasps? As John Hammond would say : "I love the jungle!"