Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse Reviews

• Jan 21, 2021

Not fun at all. Very YA fantasy in all the worst ways with unlikable characters. This movie has hands down the BEST effects out of all the Dragonheart movies. That dragon looks amazing and Ben Kingsley does a fantastic job, but despite some neat ideas or visuals, it's thoroughly unenjoyable.

• Feb 11, 2020

To be honest I wasn't even aware there was another sequel to this film until recently. Usually the sequels are far worse and barely match the tone of the original but I think this film did a respectable job. Although it's not the best film I've ever seen, I think it kept the spirit of the original well enough intact and created a new story that was different enough to be interesting.

• Jan 08, 2020

A squire's ambition to become a knight by an evil Lord sends him on a path to a dragon and the old code to stand against the ruthless leaders and defend the people.

• Jan 05, 2020

I love the dragon, the voice actor Ben Kingsley was excellent, carried the movie. The plot was sub par, did not even follow the cannon of the first movie. The action was decent though. Special effects were good too.

• Jul 14, 2017

Third film of the unnecessary Dragonheart franchise. I never saw the first film and am not quite sure what compelled me to record this off of the El Rey Network, but I did. The first sequel was better than I expected and I actually liked this third film just about as much. The story here is about involves another young person, a knight this time, befriending a dragon. The conflict involves the young knight helping the dragon protect a clutch of eggs from an evil sorcerer, as well as other plot lines involving Hadrian's Wall and barbarian hoards. Like the prior sequel 15 years earlier, this PG-13 film felt as if it were basically a kids movie, but with PG-13 levels of violence, rendering it not appropriate for the kiddies and left me wondering who was the target audience? Still, I did find myself entertained and never really bored, which is more than I can say for a lot of films.

• Jul 14, 2017

OK story overall that was worth watching

OK story overall that was worth watching

• Apr 22, 2017

I joy seeing drago coming down from space to crash land on earth with many eggs. To try to live peaceful on earth as he hoping to make humans and dragons to become as one to work together and have a powerful bond.

• Aug 18, 2016

a watch worthy entry in this series this is one I hope they make a #4.

a watch worthy entry in this series this is one I hope they make a #4.

• Feb 06, 2016

I should really hate this film for existing. I should have hated it so much that I shouldn't have watched it. Buuuut since I am a sucker for dragon movies (Particularly the original DragonHeart) I gave in. Although not as bad as I expected the one thing that really bugged me about the entire movie was the design of I don't know... THE DRAGON! He was hardly a call back to any of the two other films. In fact, the things that this did have in common was that despite it's obvious upgrade in production design (other than the dragon) and the sharing and bonding of the dragon hearts, IT FELT LIKE A 90s TV MOVIE SEQUEL! Look I'm all for reviving the franchise and making the story known to the tweens of this generation but seriously, this isn't the way its supposed to be done. DragonHeart still has a healthy fan base -- HEAR FROM THE FANS! This is one that does need a re-vamp and a truly epic one at that, not this again. Please not this again.

• Dec 28, 2015

Certaininly alot better than the second movie and I believe its a Prequal to DragonHeart 1, there is no mention of Bowan or any of the other characters of the past movies.