Dragonquest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragonquest Reviews

½ October 25, 2015
The worst film I have ever seen by a clear country mile, eye gaugingly dull story line, terrible acting and.. its just really bad ok!
½ September 20, 2014
Dranquest is about as cheap and thinly plotted as any other Asylum film, but it does carry a little bot of charm. It starts off interesting, and references/rips-off several other fantasy films. But by the time it gets half-way though, the film is already worn-out and dull. Awful effects and poor characters, the movie ultimately dwindles down the same cheap cash-in road.
March 18, 2014
The same story as before, and as always, the cgi doesn't get much budget. It was ok if it would have been made in the 80's but now we expect more.
April 18, 2013
It's cheesy and plays as a Sci-fi original movie, but it's enjoyable, nonetheless.
½ March 27, 2013
No wonder this went directly to video, this is just bad, a few familiar faces, some good effects, but all-in-all it never really entertains or gets any word or story out.
½ July 3, 2012
Definitely a SyFy "B" movie...It had decent action and special effects, but the acting was poor. The storyline was lacking in substance and the bad guy was lacking in everything including a decent villian personality. Oh well, with that script and the line up of virtually unknown actors and actresses what can you expect...
July 25, 2011
"Poor" is the first - and only - word I can think of. Those effects are horrible, same as 1990's Warlock movie! And I'm not even talking about the 'massive' army battle... Acting was bad, sound is bad, story (really?) is bad. Only sad Marc Singer and Brian Thompson signed for this. Got a bonus star because I like medieval-theme stuff....
½ May 2, 2011
A film that doesn't try. Zero effort on it's part, save for the attempt of a few actors.

Script is like something I would have wrote, beyond terrible. Worst Asylum film I have seen to date.
January 10, 2011
This made me appreciate even more how good films like Conan the Barbarian are. Everyone was obviously acting their little socks off in this film but it just didn't measure up to the classic sword and sandles epics of the 80s. Jennifer Dorogi can certainly kick ass but she lacked the grace of Sandahl Bergman, and her outfit was frankly ridiculous. Sorry kids. A+ for effort but D for final submission.
½ September 18, 2010
This movie is not laughably bad (The Asylum makes about a movie a month. They have to be getting better just from sheer practice.) but far from good either. In fact this movies biggest problem is nothing is GOOD. If they had strong acting from their leads we could excuse the terrible script. Had they had a good script we could excuse the poor visuals. If there had been kick ass visuals and action scenes we could excuse any number of sins. (Micheal Bay has made a career on that theory.) Unfortunately everything is just weak. The only positive thing I can say about the movie is that Mark Singer and the villains can act because they almost make the dialogue they have work.
August 18, 2010
Hm .. en dragefilm, hvor dragen er M�GELENDIGT lavet. SÄ elendigt det mÄtte skrives med stort. Og det faktum gjorde at jeg hurtigt mistede interessen i filmen. Slutningen var dog meget fed, men ellers sÄ undgÄ den
½ August 11, 2010
This is the WORSE film I have EVER seen !!!
That is all what I can say ...
½ July 21, 2010
Applaling! Bad acting, very bad CGI ( it's like it was done in Photoshop) and a terrible story. Don't even waste your electric with this tripe
July 10, 2010
scenar en bois, FX en carton, Navet en beton :)
March 28, 2010
Totally bad, yet strangely watchable.
½ February 20, 2010
Watched this film for a total of 20 minutes. Switched it off and watched something else. 13 year old, hated it, 11 year old hated it and 6 year old was bored by it. Horrendous! Poor acting and cobbled together filming. Not good !
February 10, 2010
Now Marc Singer could never have been considered among the great actors of his generation - but here he would struggle to get in the local amateur dramatics group. Typically bad 'Asylum' fare!
December 20, 2009
While I agree with the other reviewers who say this film has a clunky, cobbled together feel to it, I nevertheless found it entertaining in that cheesy way some films have of not quite totally succumbing to outright boredom or stupidity, even though there's very little in the way of plot to keep things totally on track. The fight scenes have a homemade look to them that would be laughable in, say, a western, but somehow manage, in this woebegone fantasy, to suggest that even the usually well-trained mercenaries have fallen on hard times under the regime of evil that has befallen the land. And, in comparison to bloated, drawn-out movies like adaptations of Harry Potter novels, this film fairly flies along in its breezy, unassuming approach to its ultimate battle between virtue and corruption. Given how few characters of any substance there ARE in this film, it's a bit like THE WIZARD OF OZ, without a yellow brick road or an emerald city per se, but with all the hallmarks of a coming-of-age, "journey" movie. In this case, the "Keeper" (or chosen one--think Luke Skywalker) must meet up with a veteran swordsman (think Obi Wan Kenobi and/or Yoda) who will teasingly release tidbits of information to keep the young man off balance as he learns more about himself and the challenges that will face him. While this sort of thing HAS been done much better, it's also been done much worse! That's why I'm giving it slightly more than a 50% rating.
November 19, 2009
While this is an Asylum movie, it's not the long rumored sequel to 'Dragon', which is too damned bad, because that movie was awesome (in that B-movie way). This isn't quite as fun as that, but is still enjoyable and silly.
October 20, 2009
Marc Singer, the legendary Beastmaster, returns to us with a movie in the same style, only without any of the good stuff. The acting is scarily bad, the writing is worse. That, or the actors got paid by the amount of words they use. Can you say low-budget? My grandfather is dead and he has more and better things to say.