Dream a Little Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dream a Little Dream Reviews

July 12, 2016
As a teen, I watched this movie at lest 100 times. it is the most romantic body swap move I have ever seen . it waves a complex story of love in youth inside the mystical. I love the dream space scenes. The sound track always takes me back to those halcyon days of your . Great movie, great memories. the only bad part is that i have always longed for a love that intense and timeless only to discover that type of love only exists in movies
July 10, 2016
The plot had its high points, but the real draw is the soundtrack.
April 3, 2016
One of my absolutely favorite movies of the 80's. I have seen this film a thousand times and I still love it!
March 25, 2016
Not the best film from the two Coreys. One of those adult-teen switcheroo films where they change bodies. Feldman gets the top role but Haim has more charisma as a pretty much meaningless support character. Highlight for me was correctly identifying Loverboy's Mike Reno as the singer of a soundtrack song.
February 18, 2016
Is it a classic? For me, yes. For anyone else, it's maybe 2.5 or 3 stars. It's not worthy of 0%. This was a fun movie with good one-liners, and even if Jason Robards phoned it in, the performances were pretty good.
February 15, 2016
The critics who rated this film obviously missed the depth and beauty that made this film nothing short of the masterpiece that it is. Dream a Little Dream was a heart warming coming of age story that transcended the vast and seemingly insurmountable generation gap of the late 80s. Rich with pithy alegory, time-tested literary themes, metaphysical & philosophical overtones all wrapped up in a love story for the ages.
With flagship caliber performancs by both Corey's supported by the brilliance that was always delivered by the great thespian, Jason Robards as well as the delightful Meridith Salinger, this film is a perfect balance of drama and comic relief. This movie was by far the best and most underappreciated of the Two Corey's franchise and an absolute treat for anyone who is watching it.
½ October 26, 2015
Consensus is:

1. you've LOVED this film since it came out around your prepubescence.
2. you saw this film later on, you think it's "weird" & you're probably fascinated at Feldman's King of Pop mimicry
½ June 8, 2015
It was alright, confusing plot that did not make sense but I found watchable.
May 25, 2015
I figured it was best not to attempt making any logical sense out of it. There were moments of sweetness, & good music, but it was quite a mess. Only the '80s-ness made it watchable.
½ April 18, 2015
This isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be....probably the best of this type movie made by these guys.
November 2, 2014
This movie is one of the 80's quintisentials. Dream within a dream, cocaine affectated writing. Butt its not a zero.
October 15, 2014
It made no sense. This is probably one of the worst movies of its kind. Very dated too. You will have to be an eighties nut to have any hope of enjoying it, and I would still advise skipping it even if you are. It stinks. (First and only viewing - 10/15/2014)
½ August 10, 2014
Loved it. One of the best body swiching movies I have seen. Plus it's got the 2 Corey's in it.
½ July 8, 2014
Dream A Little Dream is one of those body swap movies. Took me a while to figure that out since the beginning of the film is awfully confusing and almost seemed liked it was going to be one of the worst movies ever. Soon enough, we realize that an old man scientist and his wife conduct some mind transfer experiment that somehow transferCorey's character, a troubled high school teen, and part of another girls character into body swap. And there's a dream world. The huge problem with this film is that nothing is ever clearly established, stuff happens quickly, scenes come in and end without much impact, and you genuinely don't care. You feel like there's supposed to be this thing where the old man and Feldman will learn something positive from the body swap, and I suppose they do, but instead I pity the old man and think Feldman's an asshole for playing with this old man and refusing to swap back just because his life is screwed up, so he makes the old man repair it for him in Feldman's body. It's sloppy, uneven, and lacking clarity. I like the Two Coreys, and the old man played by Jason Robards is a good character, but the film really amounts to nothing. I see exactly what it was trying to do, and I even read the plot summary for this film and thought "Geez, the film didn't really bring on that vibe with much success, did it?" I really SOOOO wanted to enjoy this film, but man does it flop. Not sure if it was the script or the way it was edited, but something wasn't right with this film. There's a small handful of good moments, but when the whole film doesn't click in the end, that doesn't really seem to matter, does it?
May 15, 2014
This is some what of an overlooked gem . No doubt it would fare better among critics now that America is aging. Piper Laurie and Jason Robards make real a beautiful adult romance in their few moments together on screen. So much so that terror fills your heart when it appears that they could lose one another forever. Meredith Salenger is convincing as a teen inhabited by an older spirit. The Coreys as a team just do not belong in the movie. Corey Feldman's performance is uneven but not awful - it just doesn't work to switch back and forth from the dominant plot to a sidebar double Corey subplot.
December 26, 2013
bobby
And. A. girl
December 7, 2013
Ok so I'm an 80s child so yes I'm biased towards the Coreys what can I say.
That being said I really like their work together and I like that this film has dramatic elements as well as comic. Yes it's a teen movie and cheesy but who cares. For what it is it's great. I stand by this.
½ November 24, 2013
I still don't understand this movie. It makes no sense and the Corey's have never been worse (and that's saying a lot!!)
November 12, 2013
entertaining movie but corey feldman channeling michael jackson was so distracting. why the director let that go on i will never know but anyway... to me what helps this movie is the switching premise. i have always liked movies that are like that. corey haim is very good as usual. if you watch it for anything watch it for the story and for haim :)
October 9, 2013
Another Two Corey fave from a kid that I think is interesting in the whole switching bodies scheme of things. Feldman and Robards making a switcheroo could have only happened in the late 80's. And Meredith Salenger was beyond a dream here. It was between her and Heather Graham for hottest actress in the late 80's.