Dreamcatcher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dreamcatcher Reviews

March 20, 2016
Though it's not the worst of Stephen Kings works, it is one of the more forgettable.
½ February 20, 2016
I don't care what your reviews say, I loved this film!
February 7, 2016
This was an amazing movie, one of my personal favorites, but it takes a certain kind of person to understand it.
½ January 11, 2016
Great movie, with a great cast.
December 13, 2015
So recognisable as a Steven King movie it's quite comforting for fans of old to see that, sometimes, he returns to routine. The cast is good, the story is a bit odd but does work in the end, and it's not as cheesy as some of the other King films that have been churned out of his later writings.
½ December 3, 2015
Not great by any means and too long, but the characters are likable and interesting and the conflict is engaging. It could have been a lot better, but also a lot worse.
December 3, 2015
I don't care what anyone says about this film. Dreamcatcher was a good movie and was horrible underrated. The effects are great and the action sequences are well done. How this got pan by critics and audiences is something I'll never understand. Screw everyone who trashes it, Dreamcatcher is a great movie.
½ November 1, 2015
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Stand By Me
It
The Alien series
The Species series

Take a little bit of each of those films and you have Dreamcatcher. A film classified as a horror is more of a Sci-Fi psychological thriller about a group of 4 friends who save a boy from physical bullying and they receive telepathic powers. 20 years later, an alien race is taking over earth and implanting their seeds, you'll generally know who's infected by a scar on their face. Not everybody dies and produces an alien child, some recover and return back to normal.

While, the film isn't original on its own. It has a lot of concept from 5 or more different films all chalked together. It's a departure from the general drama that plagues Steven King films, but it's got that coming-of-age element. Very little with some back scenes throughout the film is spent on the past sequences. The military in the film makes it feel action oriented.
September 17, 2015
Creepy, suspenseful, and very entertaining monster movie! A-
August 28, 2015
Not as bad as critics say, need to watch more than once to understand it.
August 10, 2015
worst stephen king adaptation ever. it has such a great cast too... what a shame.
½ July 8, 2015
Stephen King's novel is slimmed down and diluted to make it more watchable, and is more sci-fi than thriller or horror.
½ June 28, 2015
To me,the worst King adaptation period and end of discussion.
½ June 17, 2015
crap movie, crap book
½ June 11, 2015
Dreamcatcher starts off compelling and turns into a tedious, confusing, really stupid monster movie about people pooping out aliens.
June 1, 2015
After a promising start, dreamcatcher falls into the silly and dull category with the problem of being overlong
May 8, 2015
Loved the short story by Stephen King. Everything was close to the book except the ending scene. That was a little disappointing.
½ April 3, 2015
The movie makes little sense. If it only takes one alien in the water supply to invade Earth then why did the aliens wait until they crash landed to do it? And why did one of the characters try to pick up toothpicks when doing so would put his life in infinitely more peril? The movie had potential, but too many plot holes like these make the movie a stinker.
½ March 7, 2015
Nice cinematography and color scheme choice, although Morgan Freeman could've been a bit better.
½ February 27, 2015
I'm not a tough critic but this film was a letdown. There's some real craft here, but the story isn't interesting and the film left me feeling cold (literally and figuratively). Best not to see it at all.