Drew Michael Reviews

• Feb 16, 2019

I like the experimental style of this special.

I like the experimental style of this special.

• Sep 07, 2018

Well, I would not call it stand up comedy. It is more of a performance art special. He is engaging and smart. But, honestly, I did not laugh once. Some people may consider it insightful, while others merely pretentious. I have seen this type of performance in theatres; it is not a new revolutionary art form. Personally, I was dissapointed, but perhaps because I expected something funny.

• Sep 03, 2018

At 70+ I am not the target audience, so consider that if you want. I found it to be a self-indulgent, self-whining, obsession about Drew's insecurities. He analyzes various societal taboos - such as having sex with his mother, which he endorses on emotional grounds, It ends up being like reading someone's diary and then wishing you hadn't, because it had too much information, not to mention too much self-obsession.

• Aug 31, 2018

Drew Michael is a genius. A very dark genius. I watch him do stand-up in NY and it blows me away how he can conceive such intelligent thoughts on some of the darkest topics and consistently make it unique and original and personal. The format of this no audience thing seemed odd on paper, but it adds another dimension to the special and it feels like a narrative performance, like we are sitting in on a private session with his therapist that melds in with couples counseling. To keep things objective, I wasn't into the the girlfriend phone conversation cuts AT FIRST. I wanted to fast forward to Drew, but I didn't and glad I didn't. After watching the special it shaped the narrative and lead to a fulfilling ending. I've met Drew in person and he's also a super nice guy. Not that at matters, but it's good to see nice people on TV. G

• Aug 26, 2018

Wow!! I can't believe HBO would put this on and call it comedy. I made 20 minutes and wanted to get better but it never did.

• Aug 26, 2018

What kind of drugs is this man on..Absolutely awful. Could not reach for the remote fast enough. Oh HBO, how low can you go?.