Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas Reviews

½ January 11, 2016
Some Spanish or Italian guy who looks nothing like the actual person in which the film is based off of plays a serial killer who's biopic is told in the usual back and forth fashion. The production quality is decent on this one as is the plot and pacing. It's never boring, but it's slightly predictable. Whereas previous crime drama slashers don't have enough focus on the history of the killer or the investigation, this one has a very nice blend. Is it a great film? Not at all, Cyrus is still the best because it is so different. But I can honestly finally say that this one is worth a watch.
July 8, 2013
What abuse and neglect as a kid can do once an adult. And then some. Decent watch for free on Netflix.
June 5, 2013
This guy, cut the arms off a lady in a canyon down the road from my house (a couple of miles), she made it to the I-5 freeway and flagged down (I know, horrible joke) a pedestrian and lived!
½ August 18, 2012
Nej. Det är inte ofta jag frågasätter mitt filmtittande men det här är en av gångerna. Kanske skulle börja samla frimärken istället.
½ May 13, 2012
Poorly casted and lacks shock value.
½ November 29, 2011
Poorly casted and lacks shock value.
½ May 21, 2011
Why do they even spend the money?
½ April 17, 2011
Poorly casted and lacks shock value. It does touch on other parts of Henry's back story that other movies on the serial killer neglected, and the validity of Henry's crimes are also brought into question as detectives raise serious doubts about the apparant 3000 murders he comitted. Antonio Sabato Jr. is a decent actor and gives a good performance but I just felt he was miscast as Henry... he reminded me more of Richard Ramirez! The film is nowhere near as good or as disturbing as "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer".
January 14, 2011
The true story of serial killer Henry Lee Lucas
½ October 12, 2010
Wasn't a bad movie. Antonio did a great job.
August 1, 2010
I think this was good i mean it really tells his life and what made him kill.
½ June 28, 2010
This was slightly better than I expected it to be. The story of Henry Lee Lucas has been told before in John McNaughton's "Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer" (which NZs censors butchered- its sequel is banned outright in NZ. Tossers.). This is nowhere near as effective or disturbing, it's passable. Antonio Sabato gives a good performance (rare for him- usually I avoid movies with him like the plague) as Lucas, Kosta Summer is also terrifying as his depraved friend Ottis Toole; the pair discover they have a shared prediliction for sadism, and murder and with 14 year old Becky Knopff in tow they embark on a cross country spree of murder, torture, rape and necrophilia. The film also delves into Henry's childhood at the hands of a cruel, overbearing prostitute mother (who made Lucas wear a dress to school) and sadist father, his first murder as a teen of his first girlfriend, and adds another angle by having Lucas tell his story to the local sheriff. If like myself you're a true crime buff and are just interested in abnormal psychology and want to try to understand why people like Lucas and Toole behave as they did you'll find this interesting enough.
May 28, 2010
This guy had serious Problems. Good movie but I NEVER want to see it again.
½ March 2, 2010
Appaling thriller telling the story of self confessed serial killer Henry Lucas, who admited to killing at least 350 people but had his death sentance reduced to a life term by George Bush. Acting is terrible, script is laughable and the direction is non existant. Avoid!!
January 3, 2010
As if the low budget look wasnt bad enough..the movie was the just terrible all along..but i must say..dude that played Henry Lee Lucas did a decent job..
November 24, 2009
twisted..............not even well made
½ November 22, 2009
Aside from having the most odd but fun use of the song "Monster Mash" this movie has some other really good merits. The lead actor is terrific and exudes creepy and sympathy and mystery, and it's not an easy thing to do all that while being beat by your mother, even as a gronw man. I do not know how much of this is in fact, and how much got changed, but the movie held my attention for awhile. Unfortunately, it kept going, and it lost me. Not that it was confusing or any such thing, but rather boring at points, and it's only 80 minutes long. Maybe as a 50 minute short this would have been exhilirating. What we are left with is good beginning, great ending, and a few good spots, but mostly boring inbetween.
November 7, 2009
nice portrayal of the infamous serial killer. i enjoyed it
½ October 12, 2009
Strange but compelling...weirdly twisted and utterly dark...I kinda enjoyed it.