Drop Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drop Zone Reviews

January 13, 2017
Pretty good typical 90's action film. Wesley Snipes did well. The Skydiving sequences was very well made and i also enjoyed the music played throughout,
½ November 23, 2016
Pretty brutal. Gary Busey's death is legendary however.
½ September 18, 2016
My life is truly richer.
It's Con Air meets Point Break meets WESLEY FUCKING SNIPES AND GARY BUSEY. There was so much crazy in this film they couldn't keep their feet on the ground.

I'm so glad I found it this late in life, like a formerly blind man seeing a sunrise, so was my reaction to Wesley Snipes throwing Gary Busey like a torpedo, my constant bewilderment at how they'd cram more and more skydiving and subculture into the movie, the inconsistency of Snipes' mood and general actions leading me to believe they simply rolled cameras and he refused to do a second take.
This barely scratches the surface but I don't want to spoil it too much.

A hidden gem that was right above our heads all along.
I'll be pulling on my rip cord for weeks thinking about it
March 25, 2016
3/25/2016: Ok. Forgettable.
½ March 14, 2016
3 stars for the gorgeous (those eyes!) Yancy Butler.
A fun action heist flick a la 'Point Break'
Good stunts, acting and good pace. See it.
September 25, 2015
Very interesting and suspenseful.
½ September 1, 2015
Standard police vs. the bad guys shoot-em-up with the hook being that there's a hella lot of skydiving driving the piece. That's pretty cool, too, lots of action off the ground, and way off the ground. Still I wished for more time for the characters to develop relationships between each other so you could give a damn one way or the other who was dropping out of the sky. If straight action is for you, then you could do worst than this.
April 19, 2015
Most of this cheese splats over the floor.
½ April 11, 2015
"Gary Busey Did A Good Job"
½ January 25, 2015
Comme d'habitude dans les films réalisés par John Badham, Drop Zone est extrêmement bien fichu, les scènes d'action sont pêchues et n'ont pas si mal vieilli que ça (le comble pour un film avec Gary Busey) et les quinze premières minutes sont remarquables. C'est lors du développement de l'intrigue que ça se gâte un peu et que le film se ralentit considérablement. Sorte d'American Flyers policier, Drop Zone souffre surtout d'une étrange sous-utilisation de Wesley Snipes, pourtant au top de sa forme. La musique d'Hans Zimmer est horrible.
½ August 8, 2014
There are some good action moments. The skydiving aspect added a good sense of fun to the action. This is not up there with the top action films, but is a worthy watch.
½ February 25, 2014
Really entertaining action movie starring Wesley Snipes who is a Federal Marshall Pete escorting a computer hacker to a new prison facility when the plane he and his partner/brother is on gets hi jacked. After the death of his brother Pete goes all out for the criminals who happen to be professional skydivering outlaws led by Ty (Gary Busey) so he has to meet a group of skydivers to learn from to even get close to them. Yes its dripping with cheese but thats the beauty of old action films...101 mins of pure entertainment
February 9, 2014
Directed by John Badham (Saturday Night Fever (1977), Short Circuit (1986) and Stakeout (1987)) this idea was pitched by two professional skydivers Tony Griffin and Guy Manos. The film was originally slated to star Steven Seagal, but he passed on the idea, then it went to Wesley Snipes, who loved the idea. It's a silly, by-the-numbers action film, but it passes for muster while it lasts. U.S. Marshal Pete Nessip (Wesley Snipes) and his brother Terry (Malcolm Jamal-Warner), also a U.S. Marshal, are escorting Earl Leedy (Michael Jeter), a computer wizard by plane to a high security jail, after an attempt is made on Leedy's life. On the flight, the plane is hijacked by former DEA agent Ty Moncrief (Gary Busey), who kidnaps Leedy by skydiving out of the plane, killing Terry in the process. Although Pete is forced to turn in his badge, he swears revenge. But he learns of Moncrief's plan to attack Washington D.C. during a parachute and airshow exhibition, so Pete calls upon skydiver Jessie Crossman (Yancy Butler) to help. It's a very silly film, and it has some good moments, and a lot of the skydiving stunts were done for real when they could be. Not all of it works, but it manages to be fun, brainless entertainment while it lasts. Busey does his bad-guy thing again, and he has fun, but Snipes makes for a charistmatic lead action hero.
January 14, 2014
The premise is fine. But, the movie goes on for too much time! Even at 101 minutes, the movie could've done with some tightening. The crooks pull off two major heists after the opening action sequence, when one extra would've done it.

Wesley Snipes is good here, as is the rest of the cast. John Badham's direction is serviceable, as usual. But, the writing, which took a lot of screenwriters!, needed the trimming. Hans Zimmer does a good job with the film score, although this score two years later for John Woo's "Broken Arrow" sounds fairly similar.

By the end, I was losing interest, when I should have had the most.
December 18, 2013
"Drop Zone" takes skydiving and Busey from Point Break and makes them central to the plot with great effect. 80's director Badham (Short Circuit, WarGames) keeps things exciting in this starkly pre-9/11 heist flick starring Snipes and Busey.
½ November 24, 2013
Film d'action qui prend place dans le milieu des parachutistes.
Apres Soleil Levant et Demolition Man, on retrouve un Snipes en flic determine et un Gary Busey en mechant psychotique.
Les sequences en chute libre sont bien filmees mais le scenar est loin d'etre passionnant.
November 23, 2013
another sub par action film from snipes. the aerial work was fun to watch but it becomes a mess by the end.
½ March 31, 2013
Great movie Snipes was on top back then
January 31, 2013
Wesley Snipes is a U.S. Marshal chasing a group of terrorist skydivers. This film feels like nothing more than a gimmick action film, based around skydiving sequences which, for what it's worth, are quite spectacular.
½ October 12, 2012
dont watch for the story. , see the sky dive.