Dry Cleaning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dry Cleaning Reviews

May 25, 2015
Highly surprising and interesting film that is always provocative, but never pushes the envelope so far as to be shocking. Which is one of the major reasons it works so very well.
½ September 16, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013

(1997) Dry Cleaning
(In French with English subtitles)
DRAMA/ PSYCHOLOGICAL/ SOCIAL COMMENTARY

There's hardly a plot but can be interpreted as social commentary film reflecting on the French awakening of peoples impulses. The movie is not boring except that at the end, I didn't care. A middle age couple own a dry cleaning store, which they happen to spend one of their off days drinking at a drag queens club. One of the club's employees happens to stop by their to remove a spot from a dress and invites them back to the club. At this point, the guys wife as well as himself become very acquainted with him and his so-called girlfriend who also work alongside with him as drag queen performers calling their duo 'Queen Of The Night'. More things happen starting with the couples trip to Sweden. And to say anymore would ruin the experience except to say that I haven't learned anything more than when I last saw this.

2 out of stars.
April 28, 2011
Incroyable! Je savais pas Ă  quoi m'attendre, vraiment fort! Et j'ai toujourds aimĂ (C) Miou-Miou
September 11, 2008
Les acteurs sont bons et le film joue bien sur l'ambiguïté des sentiments; mais l'ensemble reste pourtant assez 'froid', ce qui est un peu dommage...
½ August 26, 2008
Perhaps only French (and sometimes Spanish too) Cinema can make taboo stories like this so sexy, beautiful, stylish, twisting & intriguing.
½ June 7, 2008
buenos actores, trama erotica, ambiente cotidiano... uena
½ June 1, 2008
Intoxicating. It does stress you out, indeed.
February 4, 2008
Shows a natural human side, no labels, but also, what uncovering things about yourself can do.
½ December 23, 2007
That movie made me feel really uneasy, but at least, it didn't leave me indifferent...