Reviews

• Dec 01, 2019

Ernst Johansen, Lasse Nielsen, and Bent Petersen created a phenomenal film. You Are Not Alone is a coming-of-age film that revolves around two boys who fall in love at a boarding school and explores their sexuality starring Peter Bjerg and Anders Agensø. The film is not only beautiful, but expresses boyhood love and the film does have inspirational moments. Despite many negative reviews from non-fans "You Are Not Alone" was created in the 1970's there wasn't anything horrible about this film, it didn't spread any disturbance in the process of viewing it. We've purchased this film for family members who love coming-of-age films especially boyhood films such as the 2014 film entitled: boyhood. Movies like this is incredible many boy actors changed the era forever. Peter and Anders were beautiful boys in the 70's their looks and talent was magnificent. In today's society the film industry changed a lot and I believe a movie like "You Are Not Alone" still stands out to this today if movies like this can still be made I would still view it and review it. Boy actors deserves a chance in the spotlight. Many films such as this has been supported by the LGBT community. I saw Lasse Nielsen's interview years ago following up with him on his start on creating You Are Not Alone it was a honor to watch. Hoping to see him create more coming-of-age films. Films like this is not a fantasy it's a reality and a joy to watch such as family movies. All child actors matter and are great actors. Peter and Anders I give a trillion stars for their performance. If they was to reunite in films I would watch. Hope to see them advance further and see them in more films. Lasse Nielsen should work with them again. Thanks to a great 1970's film. A must own.

• Oct 26, 2014

um filme que não é somente gay, mas hippie e libertário com um final bastante corajoso

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Jul 03, 2014

Too controversial even for my taste. You Are Not Alone is a coming of age drama about adolescent males fall in love, which features the infamous shower scene. Made during the horrible sexual liberation era with their ugly hair and drug ridden theme, You Are Not Alone cannot be viewed without being disturbed in the process. However, the horrible liberal messages aside, the film did offer a good take on the theme of bullying and being oneself. Sadly, this film would be now viewed as a pedophile's fantasy.

• May 03, 2013

"Você não está sozinho" é um interessantíssimo drama alemão da década de oitenta. Aborda muito bem a transição entre a infância e a adolescência de um garoto chamado Kim e as suas novas descobertas desta nova fase. Repleto de belíssimas locações alemãs, o filme se desenrola de uma forma muito simplista e inocente.

• Nov 17, 2012

they are so adorable.. <3

they are so adorable.. <3

• Oct 19, 2011

Beautifull! The friendship betweeen the kids is super-trouper!

Beautifull! The friendship betweeen the kids is super-trouper!

• Sep 29, 2011

The song lyric says "You are not alone, someone follows you, someone like you" and it refers to some pubescent boys at a Dannish parachial school run by a strict headmaster. The boys rebel against the school and the movie preaches acceptance.

• Jul 12, 2011

A beautiful coming of age film based in the 70s, when it was actually made back in '78. Don't know why it says 2006 on here. This film is so innocent and honest about young teenagers discovering their sexuality and is even more brillaint because of being set in the 70s. The film would be contraversal if it was more widely known and in my opinion it should be known more because of how innocent and true it is to teen sexuality. This film is a must-see and should really be released more widely. It's sad that it isn't in the UK because not only would it be a good film for the whole world but actually for teenages in high schools to watch and for even their parents to watch too because this would help teenagers find their sexuality easier as everyone can relate to the two boys in this film even though they are both homosexual. But this is a must-see for all die-hard film fans

• Jul 01, 2011

Very good movie, that I recommend all gay young boys see because it all about believing in yourself and standing up for what you believe in which is a very good message for all LGBTQ youth in this day and age I give this movie 10 Stars

• Jun 10, 2010

The love story in this was very gentle and easy, as love should be at that age. However, I did not like that it was this easy! It's about gay love. And everything went well, they showed each other emotions out in the open and no-one cared, or reacted in any way. Blame the 70's? No, because the other kids used "fag" and other words like it as cuss words. And even though the other intertwined stories were interesting, they overshadowed the cute love story. The kids absolutely did a good job, and I loved the 70's style; especially the flared pants!