Duck Amuck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Duck Amuck Reviews

½ August 20, 2016
Daffy duck is being messed about by his animator. Supposedly, this is a groundbreaking cartoon. It was average in my opinon
March 2, 2016
The fourth wall has been obliterated! This trope has been used and reused so much that it's easy to forget where it all started and how incredibly creative Duck Amuck really is.
May 17, 2015
in one of Warner's most notable animations, Daffy Duck is tormented by an initially unseen animator who leads him to an existential crisis of sorts by repeatedly changing his appearance and allows the creator Chuck Jones to cleverly demonstrate that animated characters can have their own recognisable personalities independent of their personal appearance. Sure the self referential, fourth wall breaking humour has immense comedic value but the lesson in the possibilities of the cartoon short format is where it's real importance lies.
½ August 20, 2014
Probably the best parody of itself any cartoon producing house has ever done.
ElCochran90
September 14, 2013
The best Looney Tunes exercise in hyperactivity and crazy improvisation ever! I had never seen the animation process been spoofed so brilliantly and with so much detail!

100/100
January 4, 2013
This is what animation is all about. Self-awareness, creativity and brilliant timing. Its all here.
October 13, 2012
Breaking the fourth wall, Daffy Duck is assailed by the pranks of an omniscient and mean-spirited animator in this beloved short. The standard set by director Chuck Jones and writer Michael Maltese is quite high, but they greatly outdid themselves here. Duck Amuck is as creative and innovative as it is funny.
August 1, 2012
This innovative short openly and boastfully showed how much creativity could be set free within the animation medium.
December 24, 2011
I've always preferred Daffy Duck to Bugs Bunny...now whether I'd prefer Daffy or Donald...that is a stickier issue. But in Warner cartoons, I've always felt Daffy was the funnier character. Duck Amuck features Daffy being tormented by the animator himself, who turns out to be Bugs in the end. It is a historically significant animation, but more importantly it is just a funny short cartoon.
½ September 22, 2011
Wonderfully funny Daffy duck cartoon with a super end.
½ August 28, 2011
Booklover11's Mini Reviews: In my second installment of Booklover11's Mini Reviews, I give you one of the most critically acclaimed shorts of all time: Duck Amuck. This is probably the most respected children's short's of all time, and for good reason, it's awesome! It was creative and hilarious. It's fourth wall jokes at their best. It stars probably the best cartoon characters of the 50s, Daffy Duck, who already is hilarious, but it was the writing propelled this movie to new heights. My only problem with the short is that it's pretty repetitive for a 7 minute short, but even still, it's very unique and humorous. Also, the twist at the end was awesome. Overall, it's a great short that every kid should watch. You can actually watch it over and over without getting tired of it. Check it out, it's available on most video sharing websites. Four and a half stars.
½ December 16, 2010
"Duck Amuck" is a playful comedy filled with outlandish gags. Of course, Blanc is once again outstanding. By far the most hilarious Daffy/ Bugs short.
March 4, 2010
"A close up ya jerk, A CLOSE UP !" One of the best short animated films of all time, it's basically Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny..... ooops i mean SPOILER
January 26, 2010
Deconstructionist animation at its best! Probably the finest Looney Tunes short.
December 5, 2009
Looney Tunes short classic which I hold in fondness from my childhood. Fantastic animation and very funny, this short is unmissable, however old you are. Has been referenced in pop culture many times too, like in an episode of The Simpsons.

Review soon.
½ November 10, 2009
Genial y chistosa. Muy ingeniosa. / Genial and funny. Very clever.
October 10, 2009
A dastardly mind-bending little number. 'And on this farm he had an igloo...'