Dude, Where's the Party? Reviews

• Jul 07, 2014

The way the film concludes is sort of terrible and poorly executed, and there are some scenes that look like they could have been shot from a really cheap camera. But Dude Where's the Party is a really funny, interesting comedy that works because of the fact that most of it's jokes are based around some really interesting themes about culture and identity crisis. Really solid performances from the cast here too, Kal Penn is great as always and Sunil Malhotra and Sunil Thakkar are hysterical in their supporting roles. Perhaps it's because I grew up knowing a lot about indian culture that the jokes hit so hard for me, but I think it's a really funny flick. Really cool soundtrack too.

• Mar 04, 2013

i loved it...for the obvious reason

i loved it...for the obvious reason

• Sep 27, 2012

did not get the point of this movie

did not get the point of this movie

• May 19, 2012

The identity issues brought up in this movie make it a lot more prescient than I would originally have expected from the cover, and this movie definitely has a lot going for it in that sense. While this movie isn't much to scream about otherwise, it's still charming and refreshing because it's a little left of center of the original trope.

• Apr 19, 2012

it was weird,i didnt like it too much,but some of it was pretty good,some funny scenes.cool accents.decent.probably could have been better.

• May 06, 2011

Kal Penn is the only reason i figured i'll watch this flick. I wouldn't watch it again. It was stupid.

• Feb 02, 2011

Funny movie, must watch with friends

Funny movie, must watch with friends

• Oct 20, 2010

I-to my surprise-liked this film, i didn't love it, but i didn't cringe in my seat while watching it. I thought the film was a well structured piece of cinema, Kal Penn is very good in this film, switching between a "Suave Cool Guy", to a "Inconsiderate Douche bag", back to a "Like able Straight Man" The only thing that bothers me servilely is that Some of the main characters are left out of the poster & are replaced by Minor Characters. It found it humorous, quirky, corny, but a lot of fun! Check it out, its pretty cheap to find now a days. 3.7/5

• Sep 18, 2010

Awesome movie !! Must watch for students going to US for first time. Things I liked about this movie 1) Storyline.. good humor and innocence in the story line as well as in the characters. 2) Priya (played by Tina Cherian).. Awesomely cute :D 3) Ultimate remix of "Chaand chupa - Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam". My jaws dropped to ground listening to it. 4) The dialogue - "(trying to flirt with a girl) You know what... I am really great at maths. I would really like to add you and me, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply. SLAP! (sounded the response from the girl)" ... LOLLLLLL :P I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

• Jun 06, 2010

A low-budget spoof on the outrageous storylines, colors, and dancing in Bollywood films. There isn't much to the plot--it's a predictable boy-meets-girl story in which boy must win back girl's heart. However, hilarious references to Bollywood films make this movie an amusing watch. The jokes and stereotypes about Indian-Americans and Indian immigrants to the USA push the envelope and are very entertaining.