Dudley Do-Right - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dudley Do-Right Reviews

½ November 27, 2016
Dudley Do-Right is only sporadically amusing.
½ November 7, 2016
Better than a whole lot of the live-action remakes of cartoons.
½ September 28, 2016
The casting was fine, but I think a simpler plot would've been better.
½ March 17, 2016
Not as bad as everyone says, but by no means good
½ October 14, 2015
I like the film. It is a film I enjoy for it's jokes and great punchlines. It has great scenes that are just ridiculously stupid but hilarious. Like "Meanwhile at Snidley's not so secret hideout."

DD "Dorris Day"

"That's not fair! They've got Rocks! All we have is machine guns."

I think if this film fails it is because Dudley is not well done as far as presenting him or others as a Canadian Mounty or Dudley's girl friend is not well done in the acting. The Native Americans were presented as an insult rather than jokes that did not miss represent there characters culture.

I do think that Snidely Whiplash was the best developed and portrayed character through out the film.
½ January 31, 2015
Similarly to the following year's Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, its dated humour is in tune with the original cartoon's and it does make an attempt to make some sort of meta in joke to the show rather than just rebooting it, yet it still flops, with nothing memorable or funny.
January 26, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH
November 16, 2014
I liked the cartoon about the "Phox" in the beginning. Apparently it was a "Fractured Fairytale". Other than that, there's nothing to see here...move along.
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
May 21, 2014
Brendan Fraser acting like a dumb-ass in a movie well he dose a good job of acting like a dumb-ass in real life as well. This movie is stupid and unfunny and just not a enjoyable movie.
May 19, 2014
I sure wasn't expecting this kind of review! I guess I'm part of the 23%, I love this movie!
½ April 7, 2014
The film version of Dudley Do Right is a hilarious, ambitious, and very faithful adaptation of a great cartoon mini series.
½ September 21, 2013
Dudley Do Right does wrong, which is full of corny and juvenile gags that are almost impossible to laugh at, let alone even chuckle to.
August 6, 2013
A comedy that provides little (if any) laughs.
½ July 29, 2013
another cartoon get the live action treatment with mixed results, dudley is merely a dud.
April 30, 2013
The part of Dudley Do Right played by Brendan Frasier is one of the best comedy roles I've seen in along time!
I have this DVD!
April 4, 2013
I liked this when I was a kid, but it's not good. The characters (save for Snidely Whiplash) are out of character, the plot is routine, the romance was cliche, and it wasn't sure it was trying to be a funny or serious movie when the cartoon was a parody of melodramas of the early 20th century. While it does have a few funny jokes like Snidely Whiplash convinces Dudley he was hunting for vampires as an excuse for shooting golden bullets in an abandon mine shaft to make money off of prospectors, most of the jokes and gags don't really work as most of it is either outdated slapstick, fart humor, and a reference to Pokemon (you hear right, a Pokemon reference).
½ March 5, 2013
I guess they were trying to out-lame 'George of the Jungle'.
½ February 14, 2013
A promising opening 10 minutes and a somewhat self-aware approach can't elevate this run-of-the-mill cartoon adaptation beyond the mediocrity of its many peers.
½ February 13, 2013
Dudley Do-Right is an absurd comedy with moments of chuckles though there is the questionable satire that involves natives being played by non-natives.

The film introduces the three main characters from childhood then at adulthood. Dudley is a goofy, sincere, clumsy Mountie - fulfilling his childhood's destiny.

He has a friend named Nell whom he comes to love even though she takes up with his enemy (formerly his childhood friend). The evil friend succeeds in his schemes until Dudley is fired as a Mountie and forced to beat his foe at his own games (Dudley meets a man who mentors him - in the tradition of Karate Kid and similar films). The Mounties come to his aid and the natives as they are attacked by the enemy and his gang. Sarah Jessica Parker is surprising at times, even appealing, as Nell. 6/10