The Dukes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dukes Reviews

September 20, 2014
Movie is about a doo-wop act that at one time had the most popular song in the country. Decades later, the group desperate for cash, the musicians decide to work together to pull off an ill-conceived heist.

Average movie at best.
August 30, 2012
I am going to pass on this one.
SC007
October 3, 2011
Great film. Congrads on Robert Davi on making a really good film. The film is better than half of the films that are playing right now. Davi did a great job both directing wise and acting wise. He has a great on screen chemistry with Chazz Palminteri, who is also hilarious in the film. The film kind of reminded me of the movie, The Crew, with Richard Dreyfuss and Burt Reynolds. The Crew was a better film than this. However, I still liked The Dukes and recommend it.
August 28, 2011
This movie is much much better than what the rt score shows. The movie starts a little slow but once the story unfolds it is quite entertaining and the characters were great.
June 26, 2011
A funny character driven story that followed a bunch of wiseguys trying to regain the success they once enjoyed as yutes. I really enjoyed the cast, which made up for what lacked in some of the writing.
½ June 12, 2011
Struggles to rise above the surface.
June 25, 2010
Don't know much about this one.
June 23, 2010
As soon as it started, I immediately didn't like it. I think I got to about 37 minutes before I turned it off.
June 19, 2010
Character actor Robert Davi, best known as the Drug Czar megavillain from one of the weaker James Bond outings License to Kill, makes his directorial debut with this lighthearted crime caper about an aging Doo Wop group pilfering 35 pounds of gold from a Dentist‚??s lab. I doubt this will become anyone‚??s all time favorite film, however, it‚??s fun and cute. And you have to get excited about the cast: Davi, Chazz Palminteri, Peter Bogdanovich, and Elya Baskin. VF.
June 6, 2010
This story of a man who sets out to impress his kid and ex-wife and ends up doing something crazy but just barely manages it is getting kind of old. Rest of it reminds me Maiden Heist, only with less know actors.
June 4, 2010
yes would like to see this
May 13, 2010
As light as a feather and about as memorable, The Dukes is a pet project all the way, just a lark for Davi and his buddies to star in and screen for one another like a home movie.
½ May 8, 2010
so so crime caper with a whole lot of nostalgia thrown in for good measure.
May 6, 2010
One of the 'sweet' movies....