Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God Reviews

April 1, 2012
I'll watch it just to see how bad of a mess it is.
April 1, 2012
the 1st wasn't bad enuf?
March 30, 2012
This is a movie for DnD gamers so if you are not one you probably will not like it but I don't care what you think anyway. We need some really good DnD movies made there are so many stories to base an epic trilogy on. This movie was decent, the cgi was lacking but it wasn't terrible it entertained me and I might even watch it again.
½ March 21, 2012
Oh dear.
I've seen some crap film's in my life but this just takes the piss out of all of them put together, to think people got payed for this poorly acted, badd cgi'd monstrosity of guff
½ March 20, 2012
The first one is soooo much better
½ February 19, 2012
Whilst attempting to stay true to the rules of D&D, this lacks any characterisation, emotion or cohesion. The plot is there but the narrative art is lacking, 90 minutes stolen from my life.....
½ August 4, 2011
Dungeons & Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God (2006)
aka 'Dungeons & Dragons 2: the elementle might'

Directed by: Gerry Lively
R, 1 hr. 45 min.
Release Date: May 12, 2005

view (optional)...Nothing but a great story for the fantsy relm lovers, bad acting and set kinda slow enough for somthing ...else to be done at the same time (who-ever said that skipping is the only thing that can be done doing two things at once) this takes a firm look at dragon slaying in a grand 3D (re-visited) scope of darkness and villiany, monters maidens and heros. Pretty cool overlooking the rest and just enjoy shouldn`t be missed.
½ July 4, 2011
A bad "B" movie shown on SyFy...Bad acting, bad script and that's just the upside to this movie. Not much substance here...Save your money and see something else"
May 7, 2011
100 years after Profions defeat his servant Damodar (Bruce Payne) remains cursed with un-death. Seeking vengeance against the descendants of those who defeated him Damodar has aquired the Orb of Faluzure so that he may awaken the Dragon God of Death and Decay to raise Ismir to the ground. A party of heroes Lux the Barbarian (Ellie Chidzey), Dorian a Cleric of Obad-hai (Steven Elder), the rogue Nim (Tim Stern) an Elven Mage Ormaline (Lucy Gaskell) led by the Champion Berek (Mark Dymond) sets out to steal the Orb well Berek's wife Melora (Clemency Burton-Hill) cursed by Damodar seeks to unlock the magic that can vanquish the Dragon God.

Much much much better then the first film which for the most part everyone wisely pretends never happened. Acting is one par with most made for tv flicks and the effects are merely servicable. However the party acts like a team, they each have their roles to play within the group, you never get a sense that someones a liability rather then an asset (Marlon Wayans I'm looking at you). The villians are much more threating this time out (ie. they're competent). It does have the feel of a pilot episode at times but all in all holds together nicely. Not great and it won't win over any converts but fans of Dungeons & Dragons or the Fantasy Genra (sword and sorcery in particular) should be pleased.
March 30, 2011
SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
½ February 23, 2011
Absolute rape of a movie. When I die I'll remember this taking part of my life.
½ February 17, 2011
a more serious sequel which is actually pretty decent for the genre. Sadly its let down by the climax which is a real mess, but stuff a good effort.
January 23, 2011
Cheesy D&D movie that tries to emcompass everything about the game that fans love in the movie. It's not quite as ridiculously bad as the first one (which imo is one of the worst blockbuster movies in modern memory) gone is the baddie with the blue lipstick, (Bruce Payne - Damodar) instead he's just a member of the undead and over-acting as much as he was before. The best descrption I can give about this movie is that it's a good Syfy channel movie - that sort of minimal budget, dodgy CGI, no name actors but with a passable script. It does get a bit too dark for younger viewers at the end (along the lines of Star Wars with a few support character's arms being severed). I quite enjoyed it but it is pretty forgettable fare.
January 20, 2011
Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination. The special effects are awful and the plot is wafer thin. some decent acting but still a very drab film.
½ January 10, 2011
Just as crappy as the first one.
½ January 9, 2011
Realism and effects-wise not too bad really, one of the more decent fantasy movies I've seen, considering it's not made with a blockbuster budget. Characterisation wasn't too bad, but the female barbarian's just a little too svelte IMO.

The plot stretches the limits of your belief just a little too much though, doesn't hold much water. And the ending was a little too abrupt, which is why I didn't give it 4 stars.
½ December 3, 2010
Boring second outing with little character in the characters.
October 4, 2010
Woah this is so much better than the First one. The Story this Time is typical Fantasy but still good. The Actors are all unknown except the One who play Demodor. I like that it's really a Sequel of the First one because of Demodor. The Action was well made and good to look at. The Acting was sometimes good and sometimes just horrible. I liked that they had a lot of things in it that were in the Game (like the Traps or the Spells). The SPecial Effects were nothing Special but still good enough. All in all this Movie is not bad but not a masterpiece too. To watch it one time it's enough. For a Fantasy Fan it could be more interesting than for others.
½ July 16, 2010
Si bien, la fantasia proyectada en la pelicula, me parecio buena; la pelicula en general, no lo es. Yo soy fan de Dungeons and Dragons y me senti un poco defraudado porque parte de la riqueza de D&D es precisamente la magia y la infinita cantidad de posibilidades que pueden cambiar la historia; algo dificil de reflejar en una pelicula. Ademas, los actores y actrices, no son los mejores y no saben interpretar una buena pelicula de fantasia. Asi que, si eres un fan de D&D, pueden ver la pelicula y sabran perdonarla. De lo contrario, no pierdan el tiempo