Dunston Checks In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dunston Checks In Reviews

½ August 22, 2017
Dunston is not a very good name for this orangutan. Otherwise, I enjoyed my teets off. Minus half-a-star for the obvious phallic symbol of the poster.
April 7, 2017
Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala Dunston checks in balalala balalala
November 25, 2016
Funny, but not really that original. It's mediocre.
November 11, 2016
Meh it was alright. I enjoyed it
January 12, 2016
A fun movie good for a number of laughs throughout. Not as bad as critics make it out to be.
December 30, 2015
FOR PETE'S SAKE, MONKEYS AREN'T FUNNY!
November 19, 2015
I just found it to be dumb, cliched, pointless and totally unfunny.
July 21, 2015
You're acting like a wild animal!

A father raising two boys while living and working in a hotel has promised them he'll take them on vacation. Unfortunately, a big time investor arrives at the hotel foiling their plans, as the dad will need to stay to provide special preferential treatment to the guest. The investor is actually a jewel thief with a trained monkey that helps him on his jobs. The monkey wants to escape a life of crime and there are two boys in the hotel that would love to help him!

"Somebody in your kitchen has a hair loss problem."

Ken Kwapis, director of A Walk in the Woods, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, He's just Not that into You, License to Wed, About a Boy, and Sexual Life, delivers Dunston Checks In. the storyline for this picture is dreadful and as you would expect for the genre. The acting is below par and the cast includes Jason Alexander, Faye Dunaway, Eric Lloyd, Judith Scott, and Rupert Everett.

"Champagne?"
"Is it free?"

My daughter loves animal movies so I had to watch this with her when I discovered it on HBOGO. She found it fairly funny but lost interest several times during the film. Overall, this is a below average children's film that is only worth watching if nothing else is on.

"He's absolutely incredible."

Grade: F
July 12, 2015
Children will love the hilarious situations the orangutan gets himself in, but adults aren't going to find it as entertaining.
June 8, 2015
Over the past two months I?ve watched some fine examples of the art of cinema. Movies that pushed the bounds of what the medium can do.
Movies that reflected the deepest complexities of the human soul. Alas this movie about an obnoxious monkey running around a fancy hotel was not one of them.
April 28, 2015
For the kids,purely for the young,young kids.
February 17, 2015
anybody who doesn't like this movie just might be some kind of schmuck
January 27, 2015
Non-stop monkey business! Few films in the history of cinema can match the wit and charm of this family friendly gem. Not only does Duston check in to the Majestic Hotel, he also checks into our hearts.
September 4, 2014
I watched the film with my grandchildren and we all loved it. Very funny Glen Shadix was colossal, such a talented comedy actor. Sam the monkey was exceedingly well trained and had facial expressions to match the scene. A film I could watch over and over.
½ August 25, 2014
This is the kind of family film with a strick age limit. Kids may enjoy it. Anyone over the age of thirteen will be praying for it to end.
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Early 1996 in theaters)
August 4, 2014
Found this movie under the free to watch on my cable box. Definitely a reminder of my childhood and a ton of nostalgia.

The star of the show is of course Dunston the Monkey, but then again I love the animals.

Jason Alexander is his typical self and you might remember Eric Lloyd as the kid from the Santa Clause.

The rest of the cast is not that great, but it's funny to see Paul Reubens in a small little role as the animal control man.
July 8, 2014
Most amazing movie of all time. Up there with such timeless classics as Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany's. Classic humor and amusing antics.. who wouldn't love spending a few hours monkeying around with Dunstin and the crew.
½ May 22, 2014
Faye Dunaway steals every scene she is in with this chimp. LOLOLOLOLS a'plenty!
May 22, 2014
5 stars just aren't enough.