Duo Shuai (Fatal Move) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Duo Shuai (Fatal Move) Reviews

½ March 20, 2016
The fight scenes are decent but the cg blood kinda cheapens everything. And much like most Chinese movies the ending is always depressing. Overall, its not too bad.
April 29, 2013
Cuz 1) Sammo Hung 2) Wu Jing 3) Triad Movie.
deano
½ September 27, 2011
It's fast, slick, violent and beautifully choreographed. This Hong Kong crime film brings plenty of violences and it's indeed relatively bloody, even if much of the gore is cheap CGI. The body count is impressive and the range of physical outrages quite extensive, including one torture scene where Simon Yam not only say it's pain time, but also does most of the inflicting in person.
The last fight between Wu Jing, and Sammo Hung was the only mindless battle, but if you have two such talent, you'd be remiss as a writer not to include this fight scene.
Danny Lee plays the usual cop role since I last saw him in 1989's The Killer, and Taiwanese actress Kelly Niu shows that she still looks great on the big screen.
½ September 27, 2011
½ May 15, 2011
too computerised and lacks a story
March 27, 2011
I GREATLY ENJOYED THIS MOVIE, AWESOME SWORDPLAY MIXED INTO A CRIME DRAMA,
September 5, 2010
massively awesomeness
½ August 11, 2010
Once a hooker, always a hooker

Fatal Move depicts a crime family who run several criminal operations and possesses a female accountant. The family has several adversaries as well as those operating in the police office for them and against them. When some of their crime operations begin to fail, it becomes apparent someone within the organization is working for the cops. Who could it be?

?You get more bullet holes than I do.?

Dennis Law, director of The Unusual Youth, Fatal Contact, A Very Short Life, and the upcoming Bad Blood (Simon Yam), delivers Fatal Move. The storyline for this film is wonderfully intricate and well delivered. The characters are developed to perfection and presented well. The acting is first rate and includes Sammo Hung, Wu Jing, and Simon Yam.

?Slash the boys like greens, you serious??

Fatal Move is a film I recently came across when passing through a Foreign Cinema DVD store. I picked-up this film, District B13 2, REC, and Ichi. Each film has been wonderful (I have not watched Rec yet). This film has a long run time and contains a fascinating blend of martial arts, gun fights, and character development. This was a brilliant picture and is better than Takashii Miike?s take on the gangster genre. I strongly recommend getting your hands on this picture.

?Go to hell, you punk!?

Grade: A
½ May 9, 2010
Decent Chinese gangster action filled with large amounts of gore and severed limbs. the fight sequence at the end with Sammo Hung was great and memorable.
May 5, 2010
a good triad movie. the cast are great, especially Sammo Hung, Simon Yam and the blue-haired guy (I forgot his name).violent and bloody, even though the blood are CGI. and the action sequences are great
½ March 30, 2010
An entertaining triad movie.. one can see why some did what they do.. but I don't like the emphasis on the blood spilling out of wounds (gunshots or knife)..
½ January 27, 2010
Another action movie regarding HongKong's gangster story. Most of the time only young actors are showing the martial art, but Sammo Hung is also playing his important part too.
January 21, 2010
Worth watching if only for the fight at the end. The rest is badly done with lots of errors which should have been noticed before the final wrap. Unless you are a Sammo Hung fan then avoid.
December 17, 2009
Above average Hong Kong triad tale. Very bloody and gruesome in some parts. Lacks the excitement of other triad movies such as SPL but it's still a great movie with plenty of action. The final fight with Sammo Hung and Jing Wu whilst a tad short is rather good.
½ November 29, 2009
Es una cinta interesante aunque un poco predecible no decepcionara sino hasta el final
November 18, 2009
Some good martial arts scenes help rescue this film. i found that the story didn't work very well, i seemed to struggle to keep following it and working out who was who. there are better films out there to watch, give it a go if you are bored or there is nothing else to watch.
June 22, 2009
½ May 26, 2009
Jacky Wu was very cool in this one... brutal movie but fairly average otherwise.
kpn666
½ May 17, 2009
An excellent cast and certainly no slouch in the action and gore (Kill Bill gets owned by this one in terms of blood and body parts) but this particular gangster film is not quite as polished as Election or SPL.... don't know why, but maybe because it does take things over the top.

Nevertheless, its bold, a twist in the story lines and a change pace from good vs bad, as the Triad faces destruction from within, and the cops are circling, waiting for the final takedown to destroy the all powerful gang.

Acting is superb, veterans Sammo Hung and Simon Yam lead the way once again, as two brothers and leaders of the ill fated Triad, supported by a young cast with deadly expertise. A hard hitting thriller of trust and betrayl and blood, watch it if you enjoyed the other Hong Kong gangster films, which usually are some of the best these days.
April 28, 2009
There is a first time for everything. This is the first time I've ever turned off a movie without finishing it. It was that bad. Here is my rant.
This movie is just one big celluoid time waste trap. It looks nice, promising a gritty triad drama with some action and stars, such as Simon Yam, Sammo Hung, and Jing Wu.
Its starts out with a nice party with the villains, who are the triads and main protagonists. They laugh at the cops are seem to be fine. Then the plot goes to absolute HELL.
The writing sucks, the direction fine, and the editor needed a few smacks. He left in too many scenes, making this a 2 hour film. It could have been cut down a lot more, because most of the scenes were talking and going from point A to point B.
And the action sucked. They had a low budget and CGI'd the blood, making it look like a video game. It was too over the top, especially the enforcer who kills people with a fold in blade and licks the blood of his victims.
I almost got to 2/3'rds of the movie and turned it off. The pacing was terrible. The story was misjointed and boring.
I'm sorry I wasted an hour a 15 minutes on this failure.
I skipped ahead to the ending fight, which was actually one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Its better to look for it on youtube than endure an hour and 40 minutes to this fight scene. its got Sammo Hung with a long metal pipe vs Jing Wu with a samurai sword.
Real shame. Avoid movie, watch end fight scene.