Dus Kahaniyaan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seat No. Free Seating
Theatre: New Excelsior, Mumbai
Name: DUS KAHANIYAAN
January 10, 2012
2 stories were actually appealing...............but d rest turn out to be just add-ons leading this bolly-flick to a dumb end.
November 22, 2010
some stories are brilliant some are not, some performances are top notch and perfect and some are dumb, some stories direction is brilliant some need to grow up ............. so what should i do ......... ok i'll rate it 3 stars. some stories were seriously brilliant like Ghubaare, Rice plate, pooramashi and some were average like Zahir, Matrimony and High on the highway others were not good.
½ October 2, 2010
entertaining- new concept, mostly well done- Nana Patekar and Naseeruddin shah are flawless. everyone else is decent
December 17, 2009
I had initially rated it higher but after a rewatch I decided it wasnt worth all that.

Ten stories from six directors each around ten minutes or so.

some stories like Gubbare,pooranmasi,Zahir,strangers in the night & rice plate were good

while the rest were too ridiculous.

overall a good composition...who doesnt want to watch a good story,well here they give you 10!
October 9, 2009
"Ten Stories," and several are excellent. My favorite of the stories is "Rice Plate" which stars Shabana Azmi as a devout Hindu lady who tries to avoid any contact with Muslims. However, in one eventful day, she experiences a number of encounters which cause her to reconsider her feelings and how she treats others.
½ December 29, 2008
it is shitt :@ :@
waste of tym...
November 8, 2008
Brilliantly directed short films.........
but the only thing that bugs me is dat why were all of these in one movie.......
some stories had a good full movie potential............
November 3, 2008
As the name already says, made up of 10 independent short movies. Most of them are worth watching.
shesdownbytheriver
October 17, 2008
No thankyou - Not interested
October 13, 2008
some of them really moved while some did make me say, no this isnt creative.
October 12, 2008
10 different short stories - very few of them would end up "surprising" you ..
Many of them are over-dramatized ...not exactly great movie ...

A small percent of the the stories have GOOD acting, GOOD direction, and GOOD story too - and they make the movie worth seeing atleast once.
October 2, 2008
I found this entirely by accident on my local library's website and decided to check it out. I am so glad I did. Ten vignettes about realization, connection, and something just a little mystical -- these shorts will stay with me for a long time. My favorites were Gubbare, Zahir, Rice Plate, and to a lesser extent, Matrimony, Pooranmashi, Strangers in the Night, and Lovedale. I think this was very nicely done!
September 3, 2008
I liked only 3 stories in it. 1. Gubbare 2. Puranmaasi 3. Rice Plate
½ August 5, 2008
Very good idea of having 10 different short stories that each teach a lesson. Maybe having each story just a little bit longer though would have helped. I was actually expecting some kind of ending where all 10 stories intersect and all the stories are related somehow. That would have been cool if they did it like that. Anyways, I'm giving it 4.5/5 for originality.
July 27, 2008
most of the stories were pointless and bizarre.Some were good like zahir,pooranmashi,rice plate.Shabana Azmi's performance was top-class in rice plate.
½ July 23, 2008
very good - very interesting - at least different!!
½ July 6, 2008
interesting story telling
July 2, 2008
Poor direction. Some stories are good. Gubbare starring Nana Patekar is good. Otherwise movie is total waste.
June 5, 2008
Not interested in watching this.