Dust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dust Reviews

August 30, 2008
First Western i ever watched, loved it! Plot was a little confusing at times though
July 9, 2008
OWNS IT , WAS GOOD MOVIE ,
July 6, 2008
Interesting, but makes no sense.
July 1, 2008
One question.....HUH???? Didn't like this one at all. Not my type of movie.
May 28, 2008
Multidimensional and timeless epic about love, hate, values, loss and, after all, endurance. Full with outstanding references and brilliant camerawork.
½ May 5, 2008
Impossible casting with Daisy and Joe as brothers who don't even look remotely alike AND have to struggle through American accents. The story within the story was interesting enough and newly familiar having just seen The Fall (a MUCH better film).
May 5, 2008
Impossible casting with Daisy and Jow as brothers who don't even look remotely alike AND have to struggle through American accents. The story within the story was interesting enough and newly familiar having just seen The Fall (a MUCH better film).
March 24, 2008
A strange movie, but the acting is good, therefor three stars
March 4, 2008
A most unusual "western" if that term even applies. In present day New York a dying woman tells a young thief the story of 2 brothers at the turn of the century, focusing on the eldests journey through Macedonia, a land as brutal as it is beautiful. For me this was an absolutly amazing movie, a movie both brutally violent and intelligent. Yet Dust also deals with redemption and the way story and myth connects people throughout the span of history. I hope writer/director Milcho Manchevski keeps making movie's and David Wenham proves himself to be top notch as the eldest brother Luke, a man who uses words sparingly. The final gun battle is one of the greatest ever filmed summing up Luke's life to that moment. Dust, you'll love it or hate it, but you owe it to yourself to see this movie.
February 6, 2008
I dont care to watch.
January 31, 2008
Too many cliche's and randomness. Oh and over acting. This one will be collecting a lot of dust.
January 26, 2008
This one didn't quite work for me. The visuals were beautiful, but the story was too fantastic for me.
½ January 25, 2008
Western New-Yorkais/Macedonien dur. Avec une bonne charge de testosterone et une trame qui tient bien la route.
½ January 1, 2008
This is an uncomfortable mix of present day sentimentality, flashing back to a bloody Western type story. It does have some style, but it lacks depth and sems longer than it is. The cast is good, but are unsuccessful in breathing life into the film.
December 6, 2007
Gli stessi elemnti che in 'prima della pioggia' rendono il film brillante, emozionante, diverso, qui non funzionano, restano forzati, generano confusione. Per chi mischia i generi e le carte.
November 20, 2007
Cowboys,komits,Turks...perfect.Unique spaghetti western-eastern movie.Bravo,Milcho!
November 19, 2007
Awsome movie with a little bit of Macedonian heratige behind it
½ November 7, 2007
I kept watching, although I didn't quite get it.
November 1, 2007
Completely odd Western film. Not everyone's cup of tea, for sure, but some excellent acting...and the direction is, well, unique.
October 29, 2007
There's more than hot cowboys in it. The Balkans = Places to see and stories to listen to.