Dust Be My Destiny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dust Be My Destiny Reviews

½ July 13, 2014
Dust Be My Destiny is an excellent film. It is about Joe Bell who is promptly arrested as a vagrant and sent to a work farm after serving time for another crime. John Garfield and Priscilla Lane give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Lewis Seiler did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Dust Be My Destiny is a must see.
January 21, 2013
john Garfield, one of the first "me against the world" method type actors , was forerunner to brando, dean, etc...to enjoy watching Garfield, you will enjoy this vehicle, which was a typical early Garfield film...good guy wwrong place at wrong time..world is against him in all situations..in this one he's a wanderer looking for a break and gets mixed up bad people..sent away he gets into altercation w/Priscilla lanes dad..now he's fleeing again...this typical formula Garfield film does work well..the supporting characters help the film move along..if you like Garfield as I do you will enjoy this film.
September 19, 2012
garfield doing his best social outcast bit-works well here
jjnxn
½ June 12, 2012
Garfield and Priscilla Lane always made a good team and this is one of their best pictures. Being a Warners film the subject of a young couple in love and on the run is given the gritty treatment that suits the story and the pair do very well in conveying the hardships faced. As with most of the studios film at the time it looks at the problem through the lens of current events and society's ills.
½ August 2, 2011
awesome critty street drama with the great john garfield and the dead end kids!