Dyadya Vanya (Uncle Vanya) Reviews

• Dec 08, 2011

Accomplished Russian film adaptation of Chekov's Uncle Vanya. Woody Allen calls this "the best Vanya" and it may be. Well performed, well filmed, funny. Of course it's Chekov so it sometimes move at a ... stately ... pace. I wouldn't consider it especially slow, though, unless you're conditioned to American action movies and romantic comedies.

• May 07, 2010

• Mar 04, 2009

My beloved Chekhovs play. One of the best Smoktunosvsky's roles appart of Hamlet, and a black and white, a bit in blue Rerberg (Stalker, Mirror) cinematography. It is a very romantic play, although everybody is inlove with the wrong person.