Der Dibuk (The Dybbuk) Reviews

• Feb 23, 2018

A tragically beautiful film...both in its place in history and in its cinematic art. Lili Liliana is spellbinding! One of my favorite movies of all time.

• Nov 15, 2013

Every Eastern European Jew must see this move. This is the pentacle of Yiddish culture, language, and folklore that's been nearly wiped out. This movie has an amazing story. I personally consider it one of the best films of the 20th Century.

• Aug 15, 2008

has no one seen this classic of yiddish cinema? no? well, as in the 900s of they shoot picture dont they top 1000 films of all time, it is worth a watch. as a jew, it is personally an interesting film though it was definetely very very dull. i will admit that the music is good. it reminds me of hebrew school...oh wait. now i really hate the movie!