Dysfunktional Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dysfunktional Family Reviews

March 2, 2015
A hilarious stand up film/documentary.
January 22, 2013
Interesting clips from what I saw. I hate his movie career, but Eddie seems like a nice enough guy.
½ July 11, 2012
Actually pretty good!
March 30, 2012
I thought this comedy special was going to be downright hilarious. While it had some funny moments, Dysfunktional Family disappointed. It was too reliant on racial humor, something that all black comics seem to fall back to if they run of other material. However, it's all racial humor I have heard before from Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris Rock. The 9/11 bits were OK but not as funny either. The best part of the documentary were about his crazy uncles and his white grandfather. True life is always funnier than observational humor. I am still a big Eddie Griffin fan but I think he is capable of doing much better than this.
½ November 30, 2011
eddies best shit . itd be nice to see more of him today
June 3, 2011
funny from start to finish....funniest stand up I've seen since.....Eddie Murphy 'Raw' & 'Delirious'
November 24, 2010
one hell of a stand-up performance
½ February 18, 2009
Eddie Griffin is a funny guy, his stand up routine is very funny and brings to mind the late great Richard Pryor and even Eddie Murphy back when he was still funny!!! Not for the politically correct or sensitive types!
June 21, 2008
Eddie Griffin cracks me up throughout the entire stand-up. It is true that he crosses the line too many times in this, but it was the funniest!
½ May 17, 2008
its hilarious . Its eddie griffen what do you expect?IT has a interesting twist, he talks about his family in his stand up and shows clips of them in the show. His Prince impersonation had me dying.
½ May 10, 2008
despite the foul language and shouvenistic nature this guy is actually pretty funny.

This is baisicly a stand up act with some scenes of his family thrown in for good measure.

can't say i wish i was him.
½ February 14, 2008
extremely hilarious. one of my favorite stand-ups. "...what's up with this pencil nose? Nigga, write me a note"
January 21, 2008
It was alittle funny but then he's better in like him in movies more then stand up comedy
January 15, 2008
Some very funny material on the standard stand-up topics of family, drugs, women, racism and politics. Griffin is at his best when he's at the helm, letting it all hang out.
December 15, 2007
3rd best stand up i ever heard
November 11, 2007
one hell of a stand-up performance
½ September 23, 2007
I laughed my ass through out this entire damn movie..........
September 19, 2007
August 29, 2007
WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN
½ August 19, 2007
This was just ultimatly funny if you need a laff this is def the movie to watch LOL