Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) Reviews

• Jun 23, 2017

It took a lot of guts to suck 'em up again after being cracked open to the core to see all your dearest fans not amis blood come spraying out before your memories for all time all the time and get back out there to show your adoration for the gratitude & responsibility of survival from such slaughter.

• Apr 22, 2017

A great tribute, Respect to all of them, love to those who have passed, and comfort to those who still struggle.

• Apr 04, 2017

This is not what you think it might be like. Don't think. Just turn it on. These guys are awesome.

• Mar 07, 2017

One of the Best Documentaries I've ever seen. There was nothing I didn't like about it. So to be honest, I had never heard of the band Eagles of Death Metal until the horrible Paris Attacks at the Bataclan. Horrible day. Horrible images. Horrible stories. I heard they were making a Documentary and then I heard how amazing it was at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. I'm so glad I saw this. This was done so well. Obviously it's tough to watch. I'm still in tears. I was very moved and I can't imagine anyone not being moved by this. I never thought about being a band member or a fan when this happened. Having this horrible attack happen while your doing something you really love or seeing a band you really love. How that can affect your feelings for those things you love. This was incredibly sad but also uplifting. You feel the love and the strength. I am so in love with this movie. Documentaries aren't usually the type of movies I rewatch but I will rewatch this. Colin Hanks, please keep directing. Highly recommend this. If you can watch it. Please do.

• Mar 07, 2017

This is a powerful, emotional, painful and beautiful documentary. You should watch it.

• Mar 05, 2017

A gripping look into the horror of when rock n roll Meets the sad cowardly face of evil. Never heard of this band before this movie and the tragic events of the Paris Massacre. The players are great brave people that follow there dreams. Like all rock docs this unfortunately has a real twist I hope I Never experience ever. Warning it is a tear jerking. Great quote music saved me at my worst. Co star Sp Iamthormovie.com

• Feb 19, 2017

Viva La France, Viva pour l'espoir and not despair. Love.

Viva La France, Viva pour l'espoir and not despair. Love.

• Feb 18, 2017

It doesn't matter whether you like this band or not, whether you know a song or not. It was a very well-done documentary about a band that has a very special connection with its fans before and after a horrific real life tragedy at the Bataclan Cafe in Paris. I had heard of the Eagles of Death Metal mainly because Josh Homme is a founding member. He has played in Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age. But prior to this film I didn't know much about this band or their music until U2 invited them onstage in Paris after this horrific event. The film begins with Jesse talking about his childhood, how he met Josh and how they not only became friends but decided to form a band. It goes into a brief history of their albums, why Josh records the albums but many times does not tour and the unique friendship the two men have together. Honestly if it weren't mentioned that Josh is married with a child and Jesse had been married with a child and now has a girlfriend, you would think they were a couple. Their friendship is that tight. The second half of the documentary starts with the events of the evening at the Bataclan in pretty vivid detail. I knew they had played that evening but assumed they were rushed out the back door to safety when the shooting began. That couldn't have been further from the truth. They were trapped inside with their fans trying to escape for more than 2 hours. They saw first hand fans getting shot and killed, police entering, and the shooters blowing themselves up. U2 asks the Eagles of Death Metal to join them onstage a few weeks later but it is not until they are asked to play a full show a few months later at another club in Paris where the emotions flow. They meet with some of the surviving fans prior to performing. Jesse does a emotional interview with a Paris TV station. You can tell is suffering between trying to be his rock star have a good time self and the reality that 89 people (his friends) died and he wants the show to have some meaning. It is well worth a look inside the devastating events that took place in Paris and how a band through internal and external friendship use music to recover.

• Feb 17, 2017

Stunning. If you weren't a fan of theirs before, you will be.

Stunning. If you weren't a fan of theirs before, you will be.

• Feb 17, 2017

Is it self torture to force yourself to watch something like this? Yes. Yet I'm always feeling i need to watch how victims of tragedy have survived. Perhaps it's a sense of guilt for not having gone through it myself. And definitely a need for this shit to finally be dealt with. Not an easy watch,, folks. But tastefully done. And an important reminder that we must protect ourselves. We shall not forget.